Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Worms Ordered

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worms Ordered

HI Guys: Well I just order some European Night Crawlers and will start making a bed for them tomorrow. I plan on using a large Igloo cooler to start with along with some peat and top soil and probably some wet cardboard.O plan on cutting some large holes in the top of the cooler and glueing some screen over that to let ventilation in and aslo keep the insects out. I will be keeping them in the garage at my home.Does this sound proper??I guess when you get old you want to try out all sorts of thing so you won't miss any thing in life!!!I will be inquireing all along about how and when to do thids and that,Thanks,Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Is it cool enough in summer for them to survive or were you just doing this for the winter???
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

HI: Well I am in hopes they will do ok in the summer!I ordered the European crawlers and thought they migh be ok if kept in the garage.I really don't know what I am doing but have always beeen the type to try any thing once!Ha they will do for the garden if the die off.
    Maybe I should have gotten the red wigglers??I wanted ti larger one for trot lines for cats.I ordered them from Hall's worm Farm.19.50 for 1/2 lb and that was for shipping also.going to walmart to get some bedding material soon as it warms up as it is 25% here the AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Me & my son collect nightcrawlers in our back yard after heavy rains. Often times we are able to easily collect 6 to 10 dozen crawlers. I bought the Frabill worm habitat which is really nothing but a Styrofoam cooler with ventilation at the top. The key for them is the bedding. I use the SuperGrow worm bedding and I believe it's created from newspaper. it's moistened to right amount, then you "fluff" it, and add the worms on top. I keep the worm container in a garage refrigerator. I turn the material weekly and this works great. We have crawlers all season long.

Just let me know if you have any questions. Good luck.