Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newbie to forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie to forum

HI Guys: Well at 77years old I am starting to fresh water fish again!I did lots when I was a kid with the cane pole,etc.I have done a lot of salt water fishing also but cannot do that anymore so I am working on getting into Crappie and bream fishing.
    I have been reading the post on the forum and really enjoying them a lot!
    Back in my younger years we had a device which we used to get earth worms without digging.It was a electrical device which was a bout a 3/8 diameter rod with the positive wire on a 110 circuit connected to it and had a insulatted handle whic the rod was bent like a cane or walking stick.We just pushed the rod in to the ground a few inches and pluged it into a 110 Volt outlet and the worms came to the surface fast as they could.Any of you fellows ever do that??I may not have it exactly correct best to mt reclections that is the way it worked.
    Thanks for the forum and I will be ready evry post!!!Thanks,Bill Smith Fishing Tenn River & Tims Ford Lake as I live in Winchester,Tenn

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Bill! Heard of that method (using the metal rod with electricity), but never used it. I always just went-out in the rain with a can and flashlight with a red lens and picked-up as many as I wanted.

Good luck fishin'!
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i've heard of that, i think some company even produced something similiar to it a few years back. I have brought up night crawlers by rubbing a stick vigorously against a sapling tree, but you have to be in a spot that is pretty much overrun with them for it to work.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

I have fiddled worms before but never used electricity....sounds interesting! Welcome to the forum from Alabama!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

My grandpa used to have an old field telephone generator that he did that with.