Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: slow trollining vibes

Post Thanks / Like

Default slow trollining vibes

Well the cold weather here in Ohio is getting under my skin, no ice to fish but cold enough you dont want to get the boat out ! I been thinking about slow trolling some Vibes. I thought about using a 3 way swivel with a 1/8 ounce Vibe on a 2 to 3 foot leader above a 3/16 ounce pencil sinker and running it down to just touching or above the bottom and drifting with the current. Anyone give me any advice on this or tell me to wreck it and try something else ( besides baggin it an drinkin beer !)

Thanks, Stan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stanimals2 View Post
    cold enough you dont want to get the boat out !

How cold is that? I get out when the temps are in the high singles and low teens...when it gets that cold here.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Our boats freeze to our trailers up here Feelay. And the bunks stay frozen and makes it very difficult to get the boat to stay on the trailer to hook it back up. Specially when you fish alone.
    Stan, you dont need a sinker with that vibe. Let out enuff line to get it just above bottom as you drift.

Post Thanks / Like

I use to go when the 150 18 feet would freeze to trailer and would have to let it set in the water till water thawed it out ,then it would drop down,but had a partner with me, you could park in handicap spot because if warden came around ,they knew you were mental handicap,getting too old for that now. Went one time when it was 9% and wind was 40 mph and we went threw a wave that knock us backward,turn into a cove and my friend had to break ice out of his beard and I took off my jump suit and laid it in back and a gust of wind came by and blew it in lake and I fish rest of day without a suit, my to think back ,young and dumb,now just dumb,but a little smarter,I hope
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

OK let me correct myself, its too cold for me LOL!!!! so will this system work or should I stay home and play Wii fishing LOL!!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 12-28-2012 at 11:06 PM.