Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Is Hot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Is Hot

Not the fishing just the sun Ha. 2 of us went today on the water by 6:30 am off at about 2:30 pm kept 6 crappie about 9 1/2 - 11 in. & 2 channels. Had to go through about 150 short fish to get 6. But it sure beats staying home. Jim C.

Post Thanks / Like

North of W. bridge & to the north west i think. caught most in 15 foot of water around brush & standing timber. Pick up 1 or 3 then move to the next. I know what you mean about gas put 42.00 $ in boat & 45.00 $ in truck ouch that hurts & it is going to get worse before it gets better i an afraid. Jim C.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it is just me but this has been a tuff year for us up there. We have caught some fish don't get me wrong but nothing like last year. Quality for us has been waaay down up there for us.

Post Thanks / Like

HOT!!!!! Out of the last 10 days my son and I and a few friends have fished 7 nights (7 diferent spots) and 3 mornings (3 different spots). We fished the most at night with lights, cought I'd be AFRAID to GEUSS HOW MANY crappie with only a total of 19 keepers. What the heck is WRONG with this lake? Is it just PLUM OVER fished or do you all think we've had a BAD hatch a year or so ago?

I could understand it more if I only fished a couple of spots. But i've fished the lake since it was built as a youngman to now. I've tried several different places, depths, ditches, drop offs, humps, points, secondary points I just dont get it.

Everyone I talk to that fishes the lake say's the same thing, so I really believe it's not just me.

The other thing I think is ODD is that earlier this spring before one of the cold front and rain storms we were catchin SEVERAL nice slabs, then after that its like ya cant even catch a 10"er. I'm SCRATCHINMYHEADSMILEY!!!!

Other than that YA it's HOT, 101 degree's in the shade.
    Thanks for lettin me VENT!!!!!!
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Mojon. It seems like all I have been catching is 8 1/2" fish....every year for at least three years. You would think that they would get above that 9" mark sometime. Something is wrong with that lake. {in my opinion}
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Was a very good hatch last year,evident by all the dinks this year,watch out next year.(Sounds like the Chiefs the last 10 years!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I think i'll see how HOT the pond is on the east side of Kearney this weekend!!!!!!
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson