Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truman winter crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman winter crappie

Looks like I may be able to get out and do some fishing on Sunday. I think the last time I was out it was July. Got a couple new tm batteries yesterday so should be ready.

I have never fished Truman in the winter. Trying to figure out what area would be best. The bucksaw report says the bluffs by the dam are good. This summer I fished the upper grand the most. Do I need to go all the way to the dam to find good fishing?
    Also what types of areas should I try for winter slabs (bluffs, flats, structure etc.).
    Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to consider if you are going to find hard water or not???? would like to help but, don't tell anyone much anymore since a couple years ago I tryed to help a guy and he got mad cause he didn't catch any in the place I said he could try. He said I wasted his day.... but good luck to you if you can find open water and catch some.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    You might want to consider if you are going to find hard water or not???? would like to help but, don't tell anyone much anymore since a couple years ago I tryed to help a guy and he got mad cause he didn't catch any in the place I said he could try. He said I wasted his day.... but good luck to you if you can find open water and catch some.....

You can't be serious!! Really? Can't fathom the shallow nature of some people.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    you can't be serious!! Really? Can't fathom the shallow nature of some people.
    x2

Post Thanks / Like

I would fish the crapper at the top of the ramp if Monty told me that's where they're biting! And if I didn't catch anything I would blame myself for not doing something right. I hope he was just kidding.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bluffs would be a good start. Also the mouths of the creeks with a channel running close to have been good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Wow I can't believe someone would be like that. It's fishing no one knows if they will be/bite in the same place twice.

I thought a little about the hard water problem but was hoping the duck hunters had kept the ramps open. I don't mind busting some ice to get to open water I just don't want to have to chainsaw to get the boat in the water.

Anyone know how frozen Truman is right now any ramps froze tight?

Post Thanks / Like

reports i am getting said mouths of coves, next to bluffs,close to timber, up by ,,,oh what was that monty told me,, up by,,,, good luck

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Sparrowfoot ramp is froze in. Did talk to a guy who walked in to the honey hole and caught a bunch of white bass from the bank yesterday. He said some guys were on the West bank catching a few crappie. Looked like coming across the 13 hwy bridges that the main lake is still open but all shallow areas along the banks were frozen. Have to watch those tail lights if backing into the ice even if thin. Seen a nice Charger trailer at Deepwater creek last year that had lost both tail lights on it from busting the ice to get in. Seen pieces of them sitting on top of the ice when I got mine backed in. Glad I was late getting out there that day.

Post Thanks / Like

haven't been this week out in the boat but am going sunday, with that said we put in at state park and start on the bluffs. you can go back on your computer and listen to the Missouri Outback Show. is a radio station in clinton i think and they have weekly fishing reports from bucksaw... Its a nice show i check in on it every week.. anyway they had been finding crappie at the begining and end of the bluffs, if you don't find them in the trees don't be afraid to look outside the tree line a ways and just keep an eye on your graph for little swales and homp going up the break line to shallow water,hope this helps..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast