Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coolers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coolers

Any of you guys use the "high end" coolers ? I've been looking at the Yeti, Engle, Brute, and K-2. Just wondering if they are worth the dollar.

Post Thanks / Like

I say Yes
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, will own a yeti before spring.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Those kinds of coolers will be well worth the extra money you spend but for me it's hard to beat an Igloo.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with some guys from Wisconsin on an 8 day trip into a remote lake in Canada this summer. We had to pack everying in and one of the coolers they had was a big Yeti. It held ice and food the entire week and appeared to be very rugged. It sealed so tight that it builds up a vacumn and I had difficulty opening the lid it was so tight. So I'd say they are a fine product, but the are not cheap.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

All The Brutes are made in America. I don't think the others can claim that. That makes a big difference to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Yeti Tundra 45 that I use on the beach surf fishing and It'll keep ice for 5 days without an issue. I'm in my second year with mine and I don't go in the kayak or on the sand without it strapped down. it DOES weigh better than 20 pounds empty but it has been worth it's weight in gold more than once. I still have the Igloo Max Ice 120 quarts that I bought at WalMart for quartered deer when hunting in the cooler months that I have to watch the hinges on for cracking. But for keeping fillets frozen in 95+ degrees on the ocean, I will always grab my Yeti.

Post Thanks / Like

Just as an alternative, I'll share what dad used to do. He'd bought a large cooler (not sure of Brand, as this was 45 years ago) and back then milk came in the square paper cartons (half gallon and 1-gallon) which he'd fill and freeze. He'd pack them into the large cooler filled with sawdust, and replenish the ice in the smaller coolers from it. The blocks would last well over a week. Sawdust adds a lot of insulation if you just want to keep ice stored. I suppose you could pack frozen meat in as well and extend the thawing period by quite a bit.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to own a yeti some day but back when I was a kid we own a coleman, one of the old metal one that couldn't be beat.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

You should check out the orca cooler. I love mine very well built check them out at ORCA | Home

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast