Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Successful first fishing trip in the new boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Successful first fishing trip in the new boat

Instead of taking the boat for a ride this time, I thought I'd go fishing. I caught 40 crappie, and had 23 keepers. The weather was horrible, high winds and heavy rain. Not too bad considering the circumstances. Fatboy I went out on a limb and decided to take some minnows with me this time. I fished them for a little over an hour and never got a bite, switched to my jig and started catching them from the first cast on. I cant wait till the rain goes away for a while so I can really mop up on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default seek

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Instead of taking the boat for a ride this time, I thought I'd go fishing. I caught 40 crappie, and had 23 keepers. The weather was horrible, high winds and heavy rain. Not too bad considering the circumstances. Fatboy I went out on a limb and decided to take some minnows with me this time. I fished them for a little over an hour and never got a bite, switched to my jig and started catching them from the first cast on. I cant wait till the rain goes away for a while so I can really mop up on them.

23 Keepers in Nasty weather is pretty darn good.
    Were they all over 10 inches?
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

seeker...were you happy with the way your boat handled the weather conditions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Darn Good

Better than I ever did on my second trip out. Getting info on this site does add to ones confidence, doesn't it?
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

congrat's- That sure sound's like a good way to break in a new boat.Keep up the good work.>>>>Bentpole

Post Thanks / Like

The boat is wide, so the wind and current moved me around alot. I had two anchors down and still had trouble holding her still. I didnt even run the motor, so I dont know how it would have handled. I just launched it and trolled to a spot about 50 yards from the ramp. I didnt even have to burn gas and still done good. Most of the fish were 10 to 12 inches, with the exception of a few around nine and a half. Alabama has a nine inch limit except on Weiss Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Crappieseeker Do you have access to a digital camera?

I would love to see a few pictures of your new boat. If you don't have a digital camera maybe you can find someone with a digital camera and have them take a few pictures of your new boat. You might like to have those when you get older and look back on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    The boat is wide, so the wind and current moved me around alot. I had two anchors down and still had trouble holding her still. I didnt even run the motor, so I dont know how it would have handled. I just launched it and trolled to a spot about 50 yards from the ramp. I didnt even have to burn gas and still done good. Most of the fish were 10 to 12 inches, with the exception of a few around nine and a half. Alabama has a nine inch limit except on Weiss Lake.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

The next time I go fishing, I'll take pics. I was gonna take some the other day, but the weather was horrible. Rain rain rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Default better than me

I think I went about 4 times before I ever caught a fish just tryin to figure out my boat and worrying if I was doing everything right - now I just do it - if you can't enjoy your boat there is no need in having it
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default rain and wind

ncnat and myself went out this morning in a pouring rain and 25 mph winds on High Rock - the rains left and the sunshine found us but he winds kept on increasing - ncnat found us some coves and we put a dozen in the cooler and had many throwbacks - but we was fshing
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!