Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: perch and bass in lake Sammamish

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch and bass in lake Sammamish

I will conduct a foray on the northern end of Sammamish tomorrow morning. Will be dunking nightcrawlers and leeches leftover from the Sprague trip. I've been wondering for a while if leeches would provide an edge on Sammamish. I suspect not but still have to experiment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wormer
    I've been wondering for a while if leeches would provide an edge on Sammamish.
    they sure do on lake washington
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

no bass were caught from Lake Sammamish but we hit a school of goodsized perch. Funny...very few "dinks" were caught this trip. Only found one perch that was aggressive enought to get hooked on a leech, rest were caught on worms.

Today...we have perch "hot-tubbing" in peanut oil.

CK, when's the last time you dunked leeches on L. Wash? Anytime in the last two weeks? If so, I'd like to pick your brain.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry for the late reply bill :o

i use leeches all the time on lake washington. i like to drop shot them in about 20' of water off docks. and if you can find a weed line drop off in about 20' you should get some perch on them too. and you won't get many small ones on them either.
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you get your leeches?? MarDon, or do you have a walleye connection? One more, any special reason why you cut them in half? I thought that was odd.

Friday's trip will be Lake Stevens for kokes. My fishing buddy didn't want to try Sammamish because he did poorly on his last trip out after perch. I told him the perch would bite on Friday but he wants to try something different. I think it's how to spot koke schools on depthfinders.

Post Thanks / Like

yea i got my leeches from mardon (gonna go there next monday again ). i only cut them in half if i go for perch because it's easier for them to eat it. for walleye and bass i leave them whole. last night i was getting perch on whole leeches while bass fishing so who knows.
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that studies show that nightcrawlers and leeches exude the same smell to fish. I'm all for cutting up worms.... but leeches, as I pay more for them than I do worms, I'm hesitant to cut them up. They live longer than worms as fish don't kill them or chew them up as fast.

Let me know the next time you and your dad go out (after Seafair) and maybe we can do a two boat floatilla for bass and perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wormer
    Let me know the next time you and your dad go out (after Seafair) and maybe we can do a two boat floatilla for bass and perch.
    sounds like a plan. the lake is gonna be a zoo untill sockeye and seafair is over :rolleyes: . and i'm going to the potholes next week anyway.
    go dawgs!!