Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New fishing lines

Post Thanks / Like

Default New fishing lines

For all you tackle junkies out there like me I ran across this article previewing what Pure Fishing is introducing in their fishing lines this year. Pure fishing is the parent Co. of Berkley, Stren and Spiderwire. I used to use trilene for years but found other lines are much better. Looks like they got the message and put some research into some new lines that are going to give Sufix, Pline and Gamma a run for thier money. Can't wait to try them.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewpure...nepreview.html
    Good things come to those who bait.

crappiestalker017 Guest

Spiderwire has always been my favorite line, who knows about this new line though

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be hard to leave my favorite, cajun, but I may give them a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always like Berkley line, but have started using Power Pro a good bit, but looks like I have some new options.

I like that!

Thanks

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Power pro, best thing since sliced bread. Well may not go that far but it is some good stuff.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

For me i have stuck with Mr Crappie line for trolling, tighlining and dockshooting. It tangles less that others i have used and is real strong. Also i always spray my line with Reel Magic before i start fishing, that stuff is great.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a spool of the 6lb Mr. Crappie line, and maybe I got a bad spool because the line seemed to have the most memory of any line I've used. After getting it spooled, I ended up with birds nests and every other problem you can imagine. I chucked the spool in the garage somewhere. Is there some secret to getting that line to act right?

I'll stick with the cajun, and silver thread until something better catches my fancy.

And Drill Instructor, sure wish I had enough money to buy your rig. **** that was nice.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by drill instructor
    For me i have stuck with Mr Crappie line for trolling, tighlining and dockshooting. It tangles less that others i have used and is real strong. Also i always spray my line with Reel Magic before i start fishing, that stuff is great.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-15-2006 at 06:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider wire

Give the spider wire stealth a try, it comes in some good ranges, my favorite is 20/6 for trolling, but bought a spool of the new 15/4 and am going to give that a try. Power pro is good, but for the money the stealth is just as good, and 3 bucks a spool cheaper. For casting, the stealth 10/2 is pretty good.