Sorry I'm late posting this. I thought I already had posted it but got to looking through the posts and realized that I hadn't. I had said in the last fishing report that I would post when I found out about Red.

Dated April 28, 2006 as I had written on another post:
Mystery solved on the Highlands Today newspaper fishing reports. I e-mailed Red and this was his reply.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O. "Red" Norton
I had been writing the fishing report for Highlands Today for the last couple of years, up until about 6 weeks ago when I took a job in Cleveland Ohio. I also owned a fishing tackle shop called "Reds" and closed it just prior to coming north. Normally I write two columns a week for the paper, but this was a great opportunity for me for 6 months, and I plan to continue writing the articles when I get back.

I had arranged for a buddy of mine, Dave Douglass, to fill in for me while I'm gone. Sounds like he wrote one article and that was it. Haven't spoken to him so I don't know what happened. I don't know why Dave Douglass used my nickname in the one column that he wrote. I won't be back to Florida until August or September.

D. O. "Red" Norton
I will put them up when they become available again and when I am able.
End of post.