Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: yates center lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default yates center lakes

I was just wondering what the states plans are for the old and new lakes at Yates Center since the state will be taking them over at the start of the year. Will the limits and lengths stay the same on crappie and walleye and what will be done as far as stocking? Alsol, what can you tell me about the yellow perch that were stocked in the new lake a few years back, are they thriving and are more to be stocked? Thank you for all you do.

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller View Post
    I was just wondering what the states plans are for the old and new lakes at Yates Center since the state will be taking them over at the start of the year. Will the limits and lengths stay the same on crappie and walleye and what will be done as far as stocking? Alsol, what can you tell me about the yellow perch that were stocked in the new lake a few years back, are they thriving and are more to be stocked? Thank you for all you do.
    mkeller,

I will check on your questions with the bio for that district. Might be a couple of days with the Holiday.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller View Post
    mkeller,

I sent your questions to Justin Morrison, KDWPT Fisheries Biologist for the New Strawn District. Justin's reply is below.

Craig,

Thanks for letting me know about this, I am happy to help out. Please let this angler know that there are no immediate changes planned for the length and creel limits for walleye and crappie. Looking through past sampling data both populations seem to be holding steady such as no changes are warranted at this time. I have requested 4500 fingerling walleye to be stocked in the new lake this spring, since the last stocking was around 5 years ago. As far as the yellow perch goes, I don't plan on stocking anymore. There may be a few fish leftover from the original stocking but 0 have showed up in the last fall sampling efforts. I think the large population of bass in the lake was a little hard on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Craig, I appreciate you taking the time to get my info. for me.