Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hand Controlled Vs Foot Controlled

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hand Controlled Vs Foot Controlled

I am going to be getting a 15 foot aluminum jon boat and was wondering what everyone else's opinion was on a hand or foot controlled bow mount. I had a hand controlled one on my 1436 and think a foot controlled one in a boat in the 14-15 foot size would be a mess with the cable connecting the control to the shaft being sprawled out. just curious if of others opinions on which they prefer

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you plan to sit, all the way to the front or more toward the back?? Singlepoling only? If you are singlepoling only and sitting dead on the front then hand control, otherwise footcontrol for me. Good luck whatever you decide.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I have foot control, remote hand control, and I-Pilot GPS control. I rarely use the foot control but I have it when I want it.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    Where do you plan to sit, all the way to the front or more toward the back?? Singlepoling only? If you are singlepoling only and sitting dead on the front then hand control, otherwise footcontrol for me. Good luck whatever you decide.

Good point about tightlining with a single pole working well with a hand control T.M. For casting, I want two hands on rod & reel at all times. Lost too many fish while reaching constantly for T.M. handle.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had foot, remote, and hand control. My preference is foot control - nothing like being able to maneuver the boat around while having both hands free to fish.

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a creature of habit. Foot control for me. I have a 19 foot triton and a 15 foot War Eagle. Both have foot control TMs.

Post Thanks / Like

Foot control,hand control will work you to death if any wind,if you master foot control, it will be like second nature with both hands for casting
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

I like my foot control because I can fish a rod in each hand and like the man said in the wind you have better control.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both. Hand control for weaving in and out stumps(precision) single pole jigging and foot controlled for the rest. I probably prefer hand control, although I can run both equally well.

The Hound

Post Thanks / Like

My very first boat, years ago was hand controlled. Since then, I have owned them all and most worked well. My current boat (I've owned all types) is a 2008 Lund 1725 Explorer Crappie Special that I bought new. It came with a remote foot control and a remote hand control. I did sometimes use the hand remote from the rear of the boat and that was convenient. However, when I replaced the TM I went back to a MinnKota hand controlled and have been very pleased with it. It works for me casting, dipping or spider rigging. I did add a telescoping handle to fit my boat and seating arrangement better. I really prefer it to any of the others I have had. But....then, I'm an old Geezer.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast