Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often

Post Thanks / Like

Default How often

How often do you buy the same rod and reel. I have been looking online for some new poles/reels. There a lot of adds that say if you buy 3 we give you a discount. Now I like getting discounts but what am I going to do with 3 pole and reels all the same and only two hands to save a dime. It not like you have 1-10' 1-12' 1-14' and get a discount or am I like in the wrong spot for poles. Thanks God it Christmas and I can have a smile on my face

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have like 14 rods and reels, most of them are 10 footers but no 2 are alike. Several BnM's but even they are different models.

Dan

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

most spider riggers in my area....buy their poles in sets of 4 or 8.....all matching, all the same length.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Try Grizzly Jig, call em and tell them what you are looking for and see what they can do. Good folks and dang good prices and still give personal service.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    Try Grizzly Jig, call em and tell them what you are looking for and see what they can do. Good folks and dang good prices and still give personal service.
    X2!!! Lou is a very friendly and helpful man.

I only fish on days of the week that end with
    a "Y" ...and then, only if it's raining or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, as they've already mentioned, those discounts are geared towards Spider Riggers that purchase Rod and Reel Combos in 4 to 8 Quantities

Post Thanks / Like

Lol I have not got into spidering yet. I have not got one pole down yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep between 4-5 casting rods & reels that match. I then have another 5 short rods for tightlining that match and two other longer rods that match for tightlining. I believe in matching up as much as possible and usually put different colored plastics to find what the fish are wanting.

Many days I've had 8-9 poles in the boat at the same time and have wound up using only one pole. I was glad to have the others there just in case I needed them. I also believe in buying backups of some rods and reels in case they quit making them or the quality changes.

Post Thanks / Like

get you a couple 11ft ozarks is all you need!!!!!!!
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I keep between 4-5 casting rods & reels that match. I then have another 5 short rods for tightlining that match and two other longer rods that match for tightlining. I believe in matching up as much as possible and usually put different colored plastics to find what the fish are wanting.

Many days I've had 8-9 poles in the boat at the same time and have wound up using only one pole. I was glad to have the others there just in case I needed them. I also believe in buying backups of some rods and reels in case they quit making them or the quality changes.
    Glad I'm not the only one that brings a lot of rods because you just don't know how they might bite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast