Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie.om has stooped responding due to a long running script

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie.om has stooped responding due to a long running script

I get this message constantly when i come to this site. I am too computer dumb to know what a long running script is. What can be done about this? Afterwards i get a message tdo i want to save something? Always hit cancel on both.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me guess ... you're running Internet Explorer as your web browser

I read through quite a few pages of discussions on this "long running script" problem, and the one central factor seemed to be that most everyone was running Internet Explorer. There was also as many "fix it" answers as there were "experts" suggesting them. They basically said that IE wasn't able to handle the amount of information that was coming across. They also mentioned that it could be a JavaScript problem, or possibly not enough memory space on the computer being used.

IF you consider yourself "too computer dumb" to know what the problem is, I don't think giving you any "how to's" is going to help you fix it. SO ... I would suggest that you find someone that does know a lot more about computers, and have them give you a "walk through" (step by step actions to take, & what to click on & when).

My suggestion would be to download Google Chrome & give up using Internet Explorer. But, I'm not experiencing the script errors, and use Google Chrome because Internet Explorer was taking several minutes to load a page, or even open up my home page. Using Google Chrome, or Mozilla/Firefox, may not be the answer to your problem.

Here's where I read through the various discussions on this problem : Google

Also ... NEXT TIME you encounter this problem ... write down everything that pops up on your screen, and what you did & what you clicked on. This will help to identify what the computer is telling you, and how it's trying to get past the problem ... thus identifying what the problem most likely is, which will help us to suggest the most fitting solution.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about Internet Explorer, I like the Firefox browser, of all the browsers I've tried I like it the best. You can download it by clicking on this link: Firefox web browser | International versions: Get Firefox in your language

I only fish on days of the week that end with
    a "Y" ...and then, only if it's raining or not.