Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: st croix warrenty?

Post Thanks / Like

Default st croix warrenty?

has any one used their warrenty on a rod? What was your experience? I have several st croix rods and like them alot, have a premier that the end eye has grooves wore in it and is tearing up the line as it goes through. Just seeing if any one has any experience, hopefully their customer service is as good as BnM has been to me

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeepguyjames View Post
    has any one used their warrenty on a rod? What was your experience? I have several st croix rods and like them alot, have a premier that the end eye has grooves wore in it and is tearing up the line as it goes through. Just seeing if any one has any experience, hopefully their customer service is as good as BnM has been to me
    JGJ, they treated me well on 2 occasions.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

James, just give them a call. When I had a similar problem (I think the plastic insert popped out), they just sent me a new end eye with the proper glue, free of charge. It's an easy fix--just heat the present one and it'll come right off, then glue the new one on.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What fished out said, but be careful not to overheat or heat too fast. You can weaken the blank immediately below the tip and wind up having to shorten the rod an inch or two. Don't ask me how I know this. A butane lighter and a pair of pliers, heat from the tip down about halfway and give the heat time to transfer, hold the tip with the pliers and re-apply heat as needed while pulling and it will pop off as soon as the glue gets right. It's really easy, but I know you don't want to hurt your "good" rod.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, will call tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Exceptional service in my opinion. They took care of everything with no problems.