PDA

View Full Version : More Crappie Cover Photos taken during our "On the Water" Sonar Class

Kicknbass
12-19-2012, 08:24 PM

Actual Photos taken during our "On the Water" Sonar Class

Kick'n Bass
www.kicknbass.net (http://www.kicknbass.net)

wilbur
12-19-2012, 08:56 PM
That pic top left, why is the water temp so much higher? Or was that a different day. You got any in SI

newly
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Wow very nice picts. You have a pole in the boat?:biggrin

arkansasbowhunter
12-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Awesome job on picture my man

Jigaholic Prostaff
B an M PST
Hi-Tek rod holders
Xpress Crappie Edition
Lowrance HDS 8 an 10

Lotech Joe
12-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Those are very nice pics, and obviously very expensive sonars. However, I didn't notice where the thermocline was on any of them. Was that feature turned off for the sake of clarity?

CrappiePappy
12-20-2012, 09:19 AM
... I didn't notice where the thermocline was on any of them. Was that feature turned off for the sake of clarity?

Joe ... I would think that with those temps & this time of year, there would be no thermocline to see. Not sure, but I'm also thinking that Ky Lake/Barkley Lake being basically riverine in nature, that it wouldn't hold a thermocline for any length of time, if at all.

... cp :kewl

Lotech Joe
12-22-2012, 09:47 AM
That makes sense. I guess I fishh too many deep water lakes.

rnvinc
12-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Wonder why Randy chooses to take pix of the entire unit instead of just taking a snapshot with the unit...

:dono

Rickie

Redge
12-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Wonder why Randy chooses to take pix of the entire unit instead of just taking a snapshot with the unit...

Rickie

X2. Have been wondering that myself!

justinp61
12-22-2012, 11:08 AM

X3. He post them like that on his web site also.

mervin
12-22-2012, 11:24 AM
It's easier to post photos from a camera or phone than it is to take the card into the house, download it on the computer, post it, then replace the card. Phone is usually in your pocket. I post photos straight to you tube or Facebook immediately after I take them. Videos too.

Rees Guide
12-22-2012, 11:29 AM
I think it is to keep someone from calling BS, very cool.

Pookie
12-23-2012, 04:15 PM

Rickie

X3. He post them like that on his web site also.

While I haven't asked him why, I am almost certain of my answer. He is sponsored by Lowrance. As such, he is probably wanting to make sure you know that he is using a Lowrance unit instead of a Hummingbird.

Me and a buddy spent the morning with him for his sonar class. If you live close enough, it is dang sure worth the price of admission. He sets your unit up just like his, and makes it user friendly.

I don't know Randy, other than having taken his on the water sonar class, and this is not a plug for him...just telling it like it is. I can tell you first hand, if you don't get the concept, he will keep working with you until you do.

kyjohn
12-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Cool pics Randy! I enjoy seeing the screen shots you take and put up here AND in your weekly reports. KEEP IT UP!

I think I know where that first shot was taken. Didn't know there were stumps there, LOL.

John

Billbob
12-25-2012, 08:03 PM
great picks

Heritage
12-25-2012, 10:44 PM
While I haven't asked him why, I am almost certain of my answer. He is sponsored by Lowrance. As such, he is probably wanting to make sure you know that he is using a Lowrance unit instead of a Hummingbird.

Me and a buddy spent the morning with him for his sonar class. If you live close enough, it is dang sure worth the price of admission. He sets your unit up just like his, and makes it user friendly.

I don't know Randy, other than having taken his on the water sonar class, and this is not a plug for him...just telling it like it is. I can tell you first hand, if you don't get the concept, he will keep working with you until you do.

i can tell you the same thing. I went with Randy for his class and it is well worth the money!

arkansasbowhunter
12-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Enjoy the picts

Jigaholic Prostaff
B an M PST
Hi-Tek rod holders
Xpress Crappie Edition
Lowrance HDS 8 an 10

justinp61
12-26-2012, 11:07 AM
I enjoy the photos too, but was just curious. Not beating on him at all. To me it would be more of a hassle to mess with a camera in the boat than using the memory card, but thats just me. And it is NO trouble distinguishing screen shots between Lowrance or Birds. Randy posts some cool photos on his web site in his fishing reports. :ThumbsUp