Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 12/18

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 12/18

Have been to Truman 5 or 6 times now since mid Nov, and have not done well at all did catch a couple of limits in the Tebo one time, but were not quality fish. Been reading reports and thinking it would be good, went last Sunday fog, cold just like Monty said, glad he said he did bad also, gave me an excuse for only catching a hand full.
    Neighbor wanted to go yesterday, got up at 4:30 making coffee wandering why am I trying this again Fished from 7'ish to probably 1 pm and had about 10, tried it all bluffs, creeks, deep, shallow, and every thing in between. Tried Cluck cluck, white clear sparkle, and every combo in the book.
    Finally the fish god gave us a break pulled into last cove we needed to fish, in the mouth on a flat, plain minner 8' down in 13' of water and bam, nice 12'" fish then another and another and another and another.........I know where I am going first next time, I guess you just have to pay your dues after not fishing for 6 months.
    Do not know if I will every get em by 10 am like Monty and the gang,
    I envy you guys and thanks for all the post

Post Thanks / Like

We don't score great on every trip, I would be a fool to say we do, but we have our routine, we are on the 7 to 11 shift.........and I ain't talking pm.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

keep on keeping on you will be a regular catcher in no time, I have followed them truman guys many a trip, they are fun to fish around and you can learn a lot, congrats on the last cove, and remember it,,, dont leave fish to find fish. or something like that........

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle man how are you doing, thought I read you were ready to get back on them?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way go. Persistence pays off.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report Mark!

Post Thanks / Like

Might try it Friday for my first time in a few months, plan on taking my smoke pole too and hunting around the lake somewhere. Thanks for the report.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to stay with it!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Seems in the end if you want to find em you have to pay those dues. The dues are never fun but the result is always fun if enough dues are paid. Congrats on finding them!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still paying dues at Smithville, and I've been fishing there for 20 years! Haven't begun to whittle down my dues at Truman yet. Even so, I have some good days at both lakes to go along with the bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast