Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got one Spider Rig T-Bar built last night

Post Thanks / Like

Default I got one Spider Rig T-Bar built last night

It got late so I was only able to complete one, I'll finish it tonight. The stuff to make your own was pretty darn expensive considering. Tax, Tag and Title for two of them it looks to be in the $120 range.

Items purchased at Lowes were

2 Each 3/4" Black Iron Tee (0022476) - $2.52 ($4.54)
    2 Each 3/4" Galv. Floor Flange (0022441) - $9.74 ($17.54)
    4 Each 3/4" Black Iron Cap (0020115) - $1.60 ($5.76)
    8 Each 3/4" 3/4" Galv. Splint Ring Hanger (302049) - $1.63 ($11.04)
    2 Each 3/4" x 18" Black Iron Pipe (0022507) - $5.74 ($10.34)
    4 Each 3/4" x 24" Black Iron Pipe (0022508) - $7.61 ($27.40)

Total - $76.62 + $5.36 TAX = $81.98

FYI... The prices in bold are different due to 10% Military Discount, I know 2*$2.52 doesn't equal $4.54

Items purchased at Dicks Sporting Goods
    8 Each Eagle Claw Boat Rod Holder - $4.99

Total - $39.92 + $2.80 TAX = $42.72

$124.70

I'll update this tonight with Photos when I finish the T-Bars. I gotta tell ya, if you've never Spider Rigged for Crappie before, make sure you get geared up around Christmas time, hehe. I told the wife the only thing I wanted for Christmas this year was the "Entire" Setup for Spider Rigging. This is to include the Rods and Reels. Had it not been for Christmas I don't think I'd of gotten the approval from the Financial Department, aka Mrs. Jackie.

Post Thanks / Like

GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

HA! Instead of going to the Gym this morning and working out I decided to take today off instead of tomorrow and finish up the second one. Will post pictures here shortly as soon as they get imported from my camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good man. Cant wait to see pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_4024.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  57.6 KBName:  IMG_4025.jpg
Views: 1231
Size:  66.9 KBName:  IMG_4026.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  57.2 KBName:  IMG_4027.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  62.3 KBName:  IMG_4028.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  109.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it's best not to add up the costs on do it yourself projects. I know I've finished some and probably would have been better off buying new or used!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Sometimes it's best not to add up the costs on do it yourself projects. I know I've finished some and probably would have been better off buying new or used!
    I agree, but with that said, to build these took all of about 30 minutes and the price of Parts for two was comparable to the price of One built by others. This weekend will determine how well they perform. I expect the T-Bars to work exceptionally well, I mean, they are made out of Iron! The only item I could probably say I took a shortcut would be the Rod holders and I plan on upgrading those a couple at a time until I have 8 really nice Rod Holders.

I'm also going to build one for the back of my boat that will hold 4 Trolling Rods but there's no hurry in that since Trolling (From what I know) isn't until Summer time.

Post Thanks / Like

That ought to work fine Mumpy! Should have bought the little pole holders at the same place you bought your poles, bout half that price. Now go fishing!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

You may end-up wanting to shortening the horizontal pieces. Shorter ones would put a little less stress on the upright, and be sure not to lean on the holders (or pull on them getting in/out of the boat), they'll be fine to hold fish, but you can break the threaded ends off pretty easy if you lean body weight on them. Plus having all the rod handles closer to reach when you get bit would make them easier to reach. Those look like they're 3-4' wide from end to end (18"-24" nipples?).
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMoon View Post
    You may end-up wanting to shortening the horizontal pieces. Shorter ones would put a little less stress on the upright, and be sure not to lean on the holders (or pull on them getting in/out of the boat), they'll be fine to hold fish, but you can break the threaded ends off pretty easy if you lean body weight on them. Plus having all the rod handles closer to reach when you get bit would make them easier to reach. Those look like they're 3-4' wide from end to end (18"-24" nipples?).
    You may be right, I'll fish with these on Saturday and if I have problems I'll return them for 4 18" ones.

Tonight I'm going to mount them on the boat. I am wanting to have the ability to screw these into the Base Plates when I go Crappie Fishing vs them being permanently mounted. I need to figure out a way to mount these plates into my Boat where they are VERY Sturdy to withstand me screwing the T-Bars in and out over period of time.

Any Ideas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast