Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Scared the Kiddies!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scared the Kiddies!

I take my 7 year old daughter and her friends with me on the boat from time to time. They love to fish and check out all the cool critters we see while at the lake.

They always ask me "what is that"? and I answer every question all day long. It's good to be around the little tykes.

We saw a huge blue heron fly over the boat and land in the lilly pads. They asked what it was, and I told them a Pterodactyl....and you don't see too many of them around anymore.

Now it seems that every little kid knows their dinosaurs...and they knew exactly what I was talking about. They were scared, and it took me the rest of the day to convince them I was pulling their leg.

When I got home I told the wifey, and she didnt see any humor in it either. The 2 neighbor girls went home, and I won't be surprised if I get a phone call from their parents. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Funny. They will remember that trip for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont feel like you're alone i have had a history of telling my kids and i'm sure one day my grandkids silly stuff like that and it always seemed to come back to bite me.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Now what do we teach our kids? Don't tell fibbs... They do come back to bite...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I do have a sick sense of humor.

Two weeks ago I was setting on the porch swing eating ice cream with the family, when I noticed some dude on a bike riding down the road. This guy was wearing the matching Spandex uniform and had on one of those aerodynamic helmets.

I happen to glance over at the neighbors yard and saw their big old hound dog running full bore towards the biker. I told the wife to "watch this".

Well, the guy ended up going over the handle bars, and the bike went flying into the yard.

I had to get up, and walk into the house to keep from laughing in front of my daughter and the biker. My wife went over to ask if he needed help.

If I had a video camera I'd be at least $10,000 richer.

Sorry,
    BUCKMARK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK
    I take my 7 year old daughter and her friends with me on the boat from time to time. They love to fish and check out all the cool critters we see while at the lake.

They always ask me "what is that"? and I answer every question all day long. It's good to be around the little tykes.

We saw a huge blue heron fly over the boat and land in the lilly pads. They asked what it was, and I told them a Pterodactyl....and you don't see too many of them around anymore.

Now it seems that every little kid knows their dinosaurs...and they knew exactly what I was talking about. They were scared, and it took me the rest of the day to convince them I was pulling their leg.

When I got home I told the wifey, and she didnt see any humor in it either. The 2 neighbor girls went home, and I won't be surprised if I get a phone call from their parents. :D

That's a good one.I needed a good laugh today.ROFLMBO....:D

Post Thanks / Like

Those are hilarious. The other day i was fishin off the only dock on the lake when 4 older kids from another school was getting ready to pull their boat out. They got the front clipped onto the trailor and the wind blew the back away from the dock. These guys spent 20 mins. trying to get the boat straightened back....which consisted of trying to throw the anchor to the dock which only got themselves wet. I had to leave the dock to keep from laughing. They finally got it pulled in and all that good stuff, but not without a struggle.
    CoRy:cool:

nemo Guest

we all need a good laugh :D thanks for sharing that one..im sure it will always make them love fishing.