Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kentucky Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake

I was in the planning mode to be at KY Lake in the late month of October we would like to be in the Johnathon Creek area of the lake just wondering where would be the best resort in that area. Their will be 3 guys and we would like some kind of cabin and we are going to be bringing a boat so I would like a covered dock. Also is the lake pull down at that time. If so are their any shallows area in that area probily will not be going in the main lake just staying in the creek. Thanks any help would help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default KY Lake

Any help please!!!!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Best I can offer ......

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Holt
    Any help please!!!!!
    is this : http://www.kentuckylake.com/accommodations.htm

I've only tent camped at Jonathon Creek ... and stayed at Ky Dam Village, in a cabin. Most of the rest of my KY/Barkley Lake stays have been tent camping at COE campgrounds on Barkley (Canal area).

Oct should see the lake 3-4ft lower than current levels. And Jonathon Creek is huge, so you would have plenty of water to explore without needing to venture out on the main lake. ......... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Call Sportsman Lodge and\or the Dinner Bell. Both are located on Highway 68 (Hardin, KY) which actually travels over Jonathan Creek. Sportsman has a dock there, and rents slips. Not sure about weekend guest accomodations. The Dinner Bell just has some rooms for rent. There are two public ramps that are very accessible right on Jonathan Creek instead of paying a fee at Sportsman (if they still charge which I'm sure they do)

Starting in July they start pulling about a foot of water each month until they reach winter pool.

Post Thanks / Like

Drive just a few more miles to the south and fish in the Big Sandy part of the lake. There are more fish taken out of the big sandy area of the lake every year than all other areas combind. Every year! it's like that. I don't know how it just keeps producing all these fish every year. Go out and find Cane Pole's boat and tie up to the back of it so he will show you all the good spots.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]