Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Bandit 300s

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Bandit 300s

We've been having some success trolling Bandit 300s about 2-mph across main lake points on Greeson and Hamilton but not on crappie - they seem to prefer Rosey Red minnows hanging in their face around here this time of year.

Today this 13-pound, 4-ounce channel cat decided she'd take a crack at one of our Bandits:

The white bass and walleye also took the Bandits but the crappie came on Rosey Reds under slip floats 18 to 20-feet deep over bamboo condos:

Pearl/Black, Awesome Pink and Mango (chartreuse and red) were all productive this morning.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice CAT

Looks like supper Jerry!

Post Thanks / Like

How long did it take for that guy to land that dude?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gooch:

We had to bring in some lines and circle back to that one and winch her up from the bottom. With only 15-pound line and a medium action rod we were lucky to convince her to get in the net. It probably took 10-minutes or so I guess.

The guys kid ran the net and did a great job - good thing too because later the kid was trying to net a big crappie for his dad and it jumped out of the net when he tried to lift it and then got off the hook - looked like about a 16-incher. We plan on going back for that fish in the morning.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jerry,

Just did a show on Sardis trolling the 300 series with Kent Driscoll. We caught about 65 keepers in a couple of hours. The best speed was 1.7 mph. If we got any faster, the bite slowed down.

I am checking my schedule, might be down for a few days for the fall camp!

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Cant wait to see that show Russ. My partner was trolling a bandit 300 last weekend and caught a few big white crappie. We are still new to crankbait trolling, learned all i know from here.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Drill Instructor,

It is a great pattern for summer fishing. I think the show will be a good one. By the way, give me a call when you get a chance.

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by russ
    Hi Jerry,

Just did a show on Sardis trolling the 300 series with Kent Driscoll. We caught about 65 keepers in a couple of hours. The best speed was 1.7 mph. If we got any faster, the bite slowed down.

I am checking my schedule, might be down for a few days for the fall camp!

Russ
    Hey Russ:

I hope you can come to Fall Crappie Camp - we gonna have some fun! You can even bring Jeff if you want to and shoot a show while you're here!

FISH ON!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling crankbaits

They troll alot of crankbaits on Nimrod. Speed is real important, but the hotter it gets the more channel catfish hit the baits. It's not unusal to catch several everyday trolling. In fact , the cats bite more than the crappie do at times.
    Nimrod is a shallow lake for the most part . Even in hot weather the crappie have been known to be shallow. Even during the heat of the day at times . The oxygen content of the water gets low and shad move onto shallow flats. That's when the cats really seem to hit the crankbaits .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I caught a nice 7 pound channel on a Bandit 200 this morning along with several crappie. Which method works better, pushing crankbaits or pulling them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast