Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman Lake 12/16/12 The Bad and Ugly

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake 12/16/12 The Bad and Ugly

The Ugly Fog and chilly as heck this am at 7 am...... Fishing sure sucked for us today so will call it the bad, we ended up with 8 eaters.......... if there was any good from today it would have been when we got off the water and it warmed up for us in the truck... darn mostiure in air and it was cold...... foggy at 7 and still foggy at noon when we said enough of this..... it was a gps day to get to and from the ramp....... wish I had a better report, but like Mr. Beagleman says, give the bad as well as the good........ no fish pics, just sun shine pic........
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't have much luck either, but we did get to see some bald eagles up close. Things you can't see sittin on the couch!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it was a good thing your GPS was still working or you might still be out there in the fog.
    I'm glad you all got back safely and got warmed up.
    I am not as likely to go out in the fog after I spent a few hours trying to get back on Pomme a few years ago. To top it off I had another boater going way too fast and missed hitting me by only a few inches.

I always enjoy your reports.

I always wondered if a GPS would work in the fog. I guess you gave me the answer . Thanks dfar

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the mention Monty, we should all give the good and the bad, am headed to the ole fishing hole in the AM,and was thinking about Stockton, sounds like a safe trip for my first trip in many weeks, don't want to over do it, maybe Truman Lake in a week or so, got to get some fish for our christmas dinner, we always have fish/rabbit and some kind of road kill bird,,, glad y'all got off the water safe and sound, better sun next trip, big ole CRAPPIE UP ..

Post Thanks / Like

hear ya mr. silly sides, my day would be defined as a fishing day, not a catching day

Post Thanks / Like

Foggy as hell for sure. Launched at Sparrowfoot @ 7:00-runnin GPS at a cautious 30mph. Just past island a boat with 3 people were sittin in the middle of the lake, they couldn't see where to go. They followed me to destination. Fished there a bit and scouted around a bit hoping the fog would lift. Monty, was that U guys I seen near the tracks? I headed to Otter but pretty slow down there also.

Post Thanks / Like

Naw weren't us Richard, we was in the creek by the I s l a n d ............ or our new name for it.... Dead Sea......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I had that happen one time but luckily it cleared out by noon. morning was scarry getting to the spot

Post Thanks / Like

Must be a good weekend for dumb boaters. We fished up Saturday, but after only boating one keeper in a couple hours we headed down, just past Cedar at the bend by the bluffs, there is a bass boat with two helmeted guys... they waited until we were within 20 yds and decided to go across the channel at a pass inconsistent with the circumstances. Saturday was a good day to appreciate all the good days this year.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes you appreciate the good days. Thanks for the report.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast