Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sunday Service @ Sanford- Part II

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Service @ Sanford- Part II

aka "mysteries of Lake Monroe"....After completing the awards/eats of the successful Throwdown yesterday afternoon, I decided to resume fishing the Lake in an attempt to satisfy my curiosities. You see, as a competitively natured angler, one has a pre-event checklist to consider. I decided because of the intense fog conditions to concentrate my efforts without much of a boat run...Highbanks area was my area of choice. After a lackluster morning(8 fish), I decided to make the run to the Lake. I started L/L @ 11:00 and had caught around 12-13 fish in a decent quality average compared to the river attempt.
    I started L/L again after chow and I immediately started catching fish. About 3 pm while trolling, I noticed what appeared to be a boat antenna floating 2 inches below water perfectly horizontal about 10 yards off starboard(slightly choppy conditions at this time) My next pass I reached in to retrieve the "antenna"!! >see Attachment...
    Now, according to a Proverb(per Reverend Doug), Give and Ye Shall receive Ten-Fold...Here is where it gets even more proverbial,lol! A week before this event, I had ordered a Wally Marshall rod from Grizzly Jig Co and an incorrect Wally Marshall rod/combo showed up at my doorstep...I decided this would make a great donation for the Throwdown...cost plus shipping $32 plus or minus...the rod /reel that I retrieved was in Pristine shape(thank you Freshwater) is valued at $320 plus or minus...
    So Jeff, if this is your's, yes, we know about your "fly-outs" and Bass fishing obsession, I got it for ya!

ps- Please include description -eg rod length/action, reel Manufacturer/model, mono diameter, what lure was tied on etc., oh yeah the date of birth of the factory worker that packaged it, lol!!

u2S
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Some bassey is crying his eyes out!!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Doug ! ! ! !
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Doug, that new little member HUSHPUPPY(Sarah) loved that rod! You r so kind to donate that to the slabfest..........NOW, with that said im going to have to order one since i did not win it--after all it is a WALLY MARSHALL and YELLOW matches my others!! Pontiac gave me a doc shooting lesson last year--SO MUST HAVE ONE!
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

Post Thanks / Like

You might shoot a pm to deepfry, he works for Bitters who sponsored that tourney. He might be able to locate the party that lost it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    You might shoot a pm to deepfry, he works for Bitters who sponsored that tourney. He might be able to locate the party that lost it.
    The lake giveth and the lake taketh away! That combo ran away from it's owner and is happy in it's new home!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking to my wife on the cell phone and got something on my jig pole laying out the back of the boat,
    it was raising cain, slowly slipping out the back, I hurried after it before it came out of the boat, and just missed it.
    Remembering what Flycaster said (floats) = sure enough, it was floating , and haulling azz, sometimes going almost under.
    I quickly got to trolling motor and chased the bugger down = had med striper on it = in freezer now.........
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Green Carp Rod..... throw it back lol j/k

Great story Doug!

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after".
    -Henry David Thoreau-