Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very interesting about leaving water out of MTL to help Mississippi River.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very interesting about leaving water out of MTL to help Mississippi River.

Very interesting to read. I know they are looking at all options. Haven't heard anything about Lake of the Ozarks or Truman. That would come down the Osage to the Missouri and then the Mississipi. Somebody really pissed off mother nature.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry forgot the link. South Fork Resort at Mark Twain Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that would absolutely kill that area. If they lower the lake to those levels, the lake will be closed for a long, long time. Going to take a lot of rain to bring levels up again. I feel so sorry for those folks if this actually happens.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They talk of 4 lakes. Pretty sad for that area if it happens. Truman is almost 2 ft low right now and I could not believe what it would look like at 10 ft low. Don't think you could navigate it in most areas if that low. Not to mention would be no ramps to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be good for the lakes, lots of grass would grow on the banks, brush,small sprouts of trees, fishing pressure would stop, dock owners would have time to repair docks, we could all gather and drive stake beds, build brush piles, pick up shells, look for all my lost fishing gear.... let er go boys

Post Thanks / Like

Would be a good time for them to add to the ramps and do some clean up around the areas!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Letting the water out of the lakes would be only a short term solution at best. How long do you think draining the lakes would help out the barge traffic, a month maybe?
    Then what after the barges stop anyway. In doing this they would Devistate the business and sporting industries for years to come.
    Remember when the water got so high on truman it ruined a lot of business that never came back. I think the low water level would do the same.
    When a major part of this country is in a drought should we dump the reserve water back into the Gulf ?????????
    Just my Opinion...... I pray that the rains will come in time to avoid this.

I agree with beagle that if it does happen it would be a good time to look for lost tackle and set up some stakes.

Merry Christmas To you all.

Post Thanks / Like

In MS we have had to deal with low water all year long. Now the lakes are at winter pool. Lower water levels until spring.

Draining the lakes this late in the year won't let very much grass grow before the refill, I hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder the CORP is not interested in recreation, if they lease a marina /dock, and the dock sits on the bottom of the lake,,they still get there money,,, flood control water management is there primary concern. you, me,and all others are at there whims.. just the way it is. now I suggest they build a pipe line from the gulf and pump the water back up to Stockton and let it all go back down,,, Shucks Stockton is 7 feet low and has been lower, we adapt,we overcome and move on,, at least we don't have to fish in Kansas..................... go toto

Post Thanks / Like

at least we don't have to fish in Kansas..................... go toto

beagle man you need to make a run over here to Toronto or Melvern to fish sumtime.It's not that bad.
    Life is good today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast