Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Livewell aerator

Post Thanks / Like

Default Livewell aerator

hey all,
    my livewell/baitwell pump has quit. Switches on console both have power, but can't hear pump running. Cleaned contacts already. bBoat is a 1989 Ranger Fisherman 620V. Any thoughts. Does the bilge pump also serve as the aerator.
    Help
    Huffdaddy 55

Post Thanks / Like

Huffdaddy.....your bilge pump does not serve as livewell pump. Your pump should have a a replaceable cartridge in it. But before you replace it make sure that there is not any line wrapped up in it to cause to stop spinning. Often times line or trash getting in it is the cause of it to stop working.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Williams View Post
    Huffdaddy.....your bilge pump does not serve as livewell pump. Your pump should have a a replaceable cartridge in it. But before you replace it make sure that there is not any line wrapped up in it to cause to stop spinning. Often times line or trash getting in it is the cause of it to stop working.

Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

We're do I find it.

Post Thanks / Like

Where do I find this cartraige?

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how old yours is. The top may unscrew and the cartridge fits inside. Older ones are one piece and the whole pump must be replaced. Look at the top of the pump and then check Walmart/BassPro/Sports Center/Academy for a replacement.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net