Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found-out something today on my (3) Mr Crappie Slab Seeker Deluxe Reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Found-out something today on my (3) Mr Crappie Slab Seeker Deluxe Reels

Pushed the Kayak away from shore this AM, and started getting my rods ready. One reel I'd noticed had the line behind the end of the spool and the reel cap. No biggie, I just loosened the 2 screws by hand, pulled the caps off, the spool out, and got the line back where it should be.

Now, when I got the reels, I couldn't find the spool release, until I looked underneath the reel. Not a very convenient spot to put it, but it is what it is....well, was.

When I reassembled the reel this morning, I looked, and wondered if I could spin the cap (with crank, drag, and spool release) 180*, and put the spool release switch on top of the reel. Sure can, sure did, then did the other 2 real quick while I was setting there. Now I can release the spool(s) with my thumb, instead of fumbling-around trying to work it.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

You da man!!! Sounds like a good fix, where the fesh at tho??
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We need a fishing report. Curious how you do with you're new spider rig set up.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe feelay can show you how to catch them tommorrow
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me wonder if your way was the original way it was intended to be assembled.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    You da man!!! Sounds like a good fix, where the fesh at tho??
    Fesh? What fesh? Tha' ain't no fesh in this lower lake, can't be. Been out 2 days, no fesh.

Quote Originally Posted by kycreekboy View Post
    We need a fishing report. Curious how you do with you're new spider rig set up.
    Well, for the materials I used and way I built it (parking lot), it works surprisingly well.....though it didn't catch me anything. Makes a nice little spot to set my hand-held video games to keep my occupied between......nothing

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Maybe feelay can show you how to catch them tommorrow
    I'm thinkin' about not answering his PM We'll see if it works-out.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredRR View Post
    Makes me wonder if your way was the original way it was intended to be assembled.
    I looked at the pics on Grizzly's site, just to be sure, when I turned all mine over, the stickers were upside-down. It's like they were assembled to hang down like a spinning reel.

Name:  107798d1354106872-mr-crappie-slab-daddy-reel-screenhunter_04-nov.-28-06.46.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  14.9 KB
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Can't that reel be used on top of rod or the bottom? EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

It may be that it's meant to be used "upside down." For spider-rigging I switched to casting reels (found some cheap one's on Ebay) and turn the pole over so that the reel is on the bottom. What I like about it is, if I want to go down say 3 feet I can just hold the line, hit the release button and pull out one foot at a time (marked on my rod). I haven't tried the Mr. Crappie Deluxe reels yet; but, I'll give them a look.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

They're "reversible", some of the mini-bait casters have info in the package on how to do it, not sure about them though. Enjoying your posts Neon!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Gansett- These mini's are too small for me to use that way due to the release being to close to the rod handle. It's much better on top, but I'm a klutz with big hands.

kingcrappie- I didn't see anything, but that's not to say it wasn't there. lol, 2 of us looked and liked to never found the release switch No qualms at all with the reels (just don't care for the line, but no biggie) for under $15, especially after landing a #15 Blue on one.

Thanks! And when I get back down your way next Fall, we need to get together and fish. Thanks for all the help kk!
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast