Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fish finder Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish finder Question

hey guys im in the market for a new FF i have a old one on my RedFish 14 and it finally went out on me while fishing a carolina bay lake last week i really like the Di on the new lowrance models but the switchfire on the humminbirds will help me get use to reading DI my price range is 260 any help would greatly appreciated

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I put a Lowrance on the back of my boat for longlining and for the price you are looking for it will fit the bill. Here is a link to it,

Lowrance 10487001

This is a pic from my unit,

Name:  Russell 9-6-12 008.JPG
Views: 664
Size:  115.4 KB
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

how hard is it to actually read or see the fish im new to the whole crappie world got my first taste last feb in sleet and snow got 17 in a hour and was the best fish ive ever ate!!! so now im addicted to them and my search has not paid of this year since they closed my secret spot lol so now im upgrading my tactics lol

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You can see the fish holding over the brush, each time I trolled by I would catch fish off that brush pile.

Post Thanks / Like

with DI, you will NOT see an arch or the fish symbol, only a small white dot, or contrasting color depending on the palette/color selection. you will see great detail of the lake bottom and any related structure, but the fish will be dots. HB has a DI/2d combo so you can see both (dots and arch/symbol), Lowrance does not offer that combo that I remember.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys this was my first post and you guys have helped alot!!! now only prob is how i would mount the HB, if i got it the lowrance it would be Scupper mount

Post Thanks / Like

check out madfroggear.com for some ideas unless you are a DIY'er
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the liberator and mini liberator system I might just do that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STUMP HUNTER View Post
    I put a Lowrance on the back of my boat for longlining and for the price you are looking for it will fit the bill. Here is a link to it,

Lowrance 10487001

This is a pic from my unit,

Name:  Russell 9-6-12 008.JPG
Views: 664
Size:  115.4 KB
    Wonder how the battery life would be on this one in a kayak. Really looks like a good value.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw View Post
    Wonder how the battery life would be on this one in a kayak. Really looks like a good value.
    I would think it would run all day with the small 12v battery. I'm using the PiranhaMax 150 on the yaks right now and both units are the same size. I have not had any problems with the battery so far in 5 hours of use. As soon as I save the money for a bigger unit for my boat I plan to move the Lowrance to one of the yaks.