Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixed that useless curly cord on my MisterTwister electric knife today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fixed that useless curly cord on my MisterTwister electric knife today

Took the knife apart and replaced it with a 15' straight cord (just bought a $3 extension cord and cut the end off). That cord it comes with is worthless. I used it once and saw that wasn't gonna work for me.

While I was doing that, I happen to run-across a piece of 1" PVC and made a blade (more like hand) protector for it too, just ran a small bungee behind the guard for the power switch.

Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a foam lined pistol case at KMart for $6 that holds mine. I have an American Angler. One of my buddy's knife came with a clamshell case so I kinda stole the idea.
    Only worry is some dufas might see it in my car and break in thinking it has a pistol in it.
    SeaRay
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Good eye deer! I have a rapala and it has a straight cord. My brother has one like you and we stretched his cord which helped a little. I keep my blades in a slot in the kitchen "knife" drawer along with the ezscaler blades I bought for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you used the blue mister twister? I have one and it blows the green one out of the water. I really like it

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Knife

Quote Originally Posted by C_McKinney View Post
    Have you used the blue mister twister? I have one and it blows the green one out of the water. I really like it
    I bought 2blue knifes because of the people had a high rating, mine was made on a Friday at closing time it was the same as my old green one with long blades,same motor same R.P.M.
    Rowdy
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice ideas there.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great idea!!

Post Thanks / Like

No fishin today? Neon

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

SeaRay, I just keep mine in a bucket nect to my cutting board, so there all there handy (in the trailer), in the slight event I need to clean fish If the life of these knives depend on the fish they clean, this one should last me the rest of my life

Hadn't seen the Blue ones. Rip-a-lip and me were at SprawlMart one day, and I was gonna get the cheapie B&D, but they were out, so I got the MT instead. Never used one so I wasn't even sure I'd like it, and have only used this one once, but I knew that stupid cord was going to cause me not to like it.

No fishn' today Wilbur, unloaded the Scooter and Kayak, but it's rigged and gonna hit the water tomorrow here on the Lower Lake. I had a couple windows that dripped during the rain Monday, and wanted to re-seal them, so I just spent the day around the Campsite and piddled-around most of the day. Got so bored I even walked over and took a shower.

Thanks all. Just as an FYI, 3 screws split the housing apart (nothing "falls out") and the connections inside are made with crimp connectors. There's a clamp (2 screws) holding the cord where it enters the rear of the housing, and inside there's a plastic "post" they wrap the cord around then have a flat-washer and screw to hold it down. I used solder and heat shrink to connect the new cord I put on mine, but there's probably room for a couple Blue Wire Nuts to make it a "no solder" replacement for anyone interested.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NeonMoon Fixed that useless curly cord on my MisterTwister electric knife today

Took the knife apart and replaced it with a 15' straight cord (just bought a $3 extension cord and cut the end off). That cord it comes with is worthless. I used it once and saw that wasn't gonna work for me. UnQuote
    Nice job on the new cord -I have changed several small appliance & lamps cords using same method makes for a nice neat job.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast