Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: slammim crappies

Post Thanks / Like

Default slammim crappies

went out last night and slammed the specks on minnows, we was in 11 foot of water fishing 71/2 feet down, we right out of live minnows and started using dead ones then run out of them and then tiefon a pinkie and they tore the pinkie up, if we would kept all we caught we would of come home with 3 days of limits in one night LOL but we kept 48 and threw back twice that many, thinking about out again tonight after the strom goes by

Post Thanks / Like

did you fish in the evening or did you go out after dark?have been wanting to try that night fishing stuff, just want to know if it works around here.
    congrats on a nice mess o fish,keep at em!!:D
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

we went out at night about 8 they didn't start biting till 12:17 , we stayed till 4:30, we went the next night also around 11 stayed till 4 but they didn't bite good this time only caught 50 on pinkies thee wouldn't bite as good on minnows this for some strange reason
    Last edited by crappie_mad_man; 07-11-2006 at 04:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

well we did it again friday night went out at midnight and was on our way by 4:30 with our limit they are bunched up in 15 feet of water holding between 8 and 12 feet

Post Thanks / Like

congratulations on the catches. i might have to start doing some midnight fishing too jus to see what i can get
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

crappie mad man do you use any lights in the water to attract bait fish under the boat? Nice catchin ! I need to send you a digital camera though so you can post some pics of those crappie. I was up in the northern part of michigan around Alpina recently and got no crappie but all the gills you wanted on Fletchers and a few bass on a carolina rig. That lake has some nice bass in it. What is this pinky you speak of. I need to try that in North Carolina.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go mad man :D glad someone is gettin at them crappies.
    by the way, how bad are the skeeters ?
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Hey FISHCRAZY. Tell me how it went on Fletchers. I hope you had a good time. I am leaving this Friday and will be up there for two weeks. I hope I can hit Fletchers while I am there.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt fish that much as I was there to help out my inlaws since the mother-in-law was just getting out of the rehab hospital. She lost her leg but is doing ok. I did do some shore fishing a couple times though and found some bass throwing a carolina rig with a watermellon seed worm. Found the bass but only one keeper. You could have all the gills you wanted on worms also in front of the dam but most were quite small.

Post Thanks / Like

the only light we used is a latern setting on stren,we tryed hanging a light under the water but it just scared them away, fishing just over the stern and for the pinkie jig thats the name pnklie little pink head with white fur over the hook