Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: question for water patrol

Post Thanks / Like

Default question for water patrol

do I need to register a 8 foot bass raider (plastic) boat with only a trolling motor on it. and can I get a title with certificate of orgin. even after 6 years

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not water patrol but went through this with one I had several years ago. If you use a trolling motor you have to have it registered like any other boat. I had to have mine inspected by an officer to run the VIN numbers on it and he filled out a form I got from the DMV. Then they issued me the numbers I needed for the stickers on the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question, we used to have to register trolling motors and buy tags for them, not sure now that we don't have to do that anymore..... sure wouldn't hurt to give them a call or an e-mail....... I know for a fact the water patrol don't care what size motor you put on a boat, but your insurance co. will...........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

yes, I know about the MO Form 798, but somewhere someone said if its under 10 foot you don't need tags???

Post Thanks / Like

Any boat propelled by a motor must be licensed. We no longer have to license trolling motors. You can get a title with the certificate of origin and bill of sale. Here's a link to Dept of Revenue's information on registering boats. Missouri Department of Revenue | Boat/Vessel/Outboard Motor Titling and Registration