Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowe stinger 175 wiring problems. Help please.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe stinger 175 wiring problems. Help please.

I have a 2006 lowe stinger 175 and I have some problems. Went fishing last night and I noticed my light weren't working. Looked under console and found two blown fuses. I changed them out and the lights would work for a short period of time and then blow the fuse again. When they would work, the bow light woulddnt work, but the little light on the back of the bow light would. Maybe I have a blown bulb in the bow light.

I also found our my live well wouldn't fill up and it's blowing fuses as well. I changed it out and tried it again. Another blown fuse. I tried to put another fuse in the lights and try it again. This time the lights wouldn't come on with a new fuse in it. Nothing.

Any idea what would be blowing these fuses and causing it to intermittently work? this is puzzling. The fact that it's causing two circuits to do this has me pulling my hair out.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I will bet if you find the main problem the other will go away after its fixed. Id focus on the live well pump. Look for rodent activity all along the wiring. Make sure the ground is good on the console where the switches are. Let us know if you find anything.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Could be a short in the wiring and/or maybe a bad breaker. Un-wire each light and the pump and connect them to a battery or 12v charger to see if they work. If they do, you have a problem in the boat wiring. If they don't could have a few things to replace (light and pump).
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Blown fuses are a sign of a short somewhere in the system - they are doing what they should do to prevent over heating. Isolate each component as NeonMoom has mentioned, you'll find it. Good luck.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

look for corrosion at all of the connections as well, clean any as you find 'em. Some di-electric grease will help prevent it from coming back.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

BYpass the fuses and look for smoke.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    BYpass the fuses and look for smoke.
    Which reminds me, disconnect batteries before doing anything else.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

try checking your grounds, and clean your batt posts and all the connections, my boat was doing similar thing
    "my wife" crappie fishing is a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other."

pullin they're heads up, ears and all

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the relies. I still haven't found the problem. Tried a lot of the suggestions given here. About to resort to taking it to a mechanic before bypassing the fuse and looking for smoke.

Post Thanks / Like

Double check that somebody hasn't replaced the fuses with the wrong size.