Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Finder Survey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Finder Survey

OK everyone, I was wondering what type of fish finder everyone uses. I am in the market for a new one and I am leaning heavily towards a side imaging unit, but not sure what brand. I hear a ton of wonderful things about Hummingbird and their side imaging unit. Does anyone have one of these? Also, I was able to make it to Truman in the Bucksaw area on Tuesday and did manage to keep a few. I scratched out a limit with the biggest being 15.5" (threw her back). Caught everything on bluffs in 20 FOW, 10-15 feet down. I had pics, but when I bent over to pull the trolling motor up the phone fell out of my bib pocket and into the water. Damn fish better not make any long distance calls. lol..THe color of choice was electric chicken with chartreuse head. Had to have a nibble on to get a bite though.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet no one esle has ever gave the fish a phone with minutes still on it!!I too looking at SI. Going to get a chance to see one in action tomorrow....Good fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Humminbird 898 couple of years ago and it has been the most amazing fish finder I have ever used. You can spend all day just messing with it instead of fishing. The best thing about the side imaging is finding structure (brush piles at Smithville), scroll your curser over to the structure on the screen and click. The GPS will take you back to the structure. You can use it split screen and watch the GPS while you watch the down imaging for the structure. Now you can hook the Humminbird to your MinnKota Terrova and your trolling motor will automatically take you to your spot. If you only fish stumps and you can see those stumps you don’t really need Side Imaging to find them. Finding fish is no longer a problem, getting them into the boat thats another issue.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

I use Lowrance, had humminbird, lowrance has a better picture and functions for me.

Post Thanks / Like

HUMMINBIRD, you can't go wrong with them!!!!!!
    KJV Numbers 32:23 " be sure your sin will find you out."

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Humminbirds and my tourny partner has Lowrance HDS'. For imaging Lowrance has a slight edge. For GPS, Lowrance insight wins hands down!!! For customer service, Humminbird all the way!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 'bird 798 with all the bells and whistles. LOVE IT!!! only thing is, I already spent almost a grand, I should have saved another month and bought a bigger screen. more detail. I can honestly say that I think side scan is worth every penny. but I do find myself spending less time actually fishing, particularly when I am fishing solo.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the hummingbird 898 and love it simple to use and hook up.
    Balzout Mounts

Post Thanks / Like

In the same boat guys not sure what to buy. Leaning Lowrance now due to size restrictions on the console. Would also like to hear opions on set up as it relates from console to trolling motor. i understand what the top of the line setup is, just wondering what the common sense or practical approaches have been and if they were successfull.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Lurker 898 with Lowpost HDS works great, I hear? my 898 seems simple but it's never going to be more than the Ford/Chevy thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast