Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few of my favorites

Post Thanks / Like

Default A few of my favorites

These are some of my photos that I have taken in my 20 years of photography.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!
    Though I hope that last pic was from a reenactment and not from the actual Civil War… I don’t think you are THAT old!
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Humminbird_Greg View Post
    Very nice!
    Though I hope that last pic was from a reenactment and not from the actual Civil War… I don’t think you are THAT old!
    Thanks...some days when this arthritis acts a fool I feel like I'm that old

The shot was taken in 2001 at the Battle of Shiloh reenactment
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

very nice

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You must have used a really good zoom lens to reach way out there but still freeze those perched birds. That's professional quality stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Corker View Post
    You must have used a really good zoom lens to reach way out there but still freeze those perched birds. That's professional quality stuff!
    I shot the perching birds with a Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 APO DG HSM EX lens on a Canon digital body and the waterfowl with a Nikkor 300mm f/4 AFS ED IF on a Nikon digital body. Thanks.

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That's some very serious gear! Amazon says those lenses should add up to about $4,000 and the bodies could total way more than that! If I had that kind of equipment, I'd be afraid to take it out of the house--much less carry it fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures those need to be framed
    If You Aint Fishing, You Aint Living!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Corker View Post
    That's some very serious gear! Amazon says those lenses should add up to about $4,000 and the bodies could total way more than that! If I had that kind of equipment, I'd be afraid to take it out of the house--much less carry it fishing.

Yeah your about right... I did photography as a job for several years, so it was a business expense. I bought the Nikon D1x when it came out in 2001 and gave $5,400 (msrp was $6,000...you can verify here) and some change for just the body and $1,200+ for the 300 f/4 AFS ED IF.

I have sold all the Nikon stuff since and only shoot Canon now. As far as taking it fishing, well just keep the insurance paid up on it.

Here's my old Nikon D1x with a portrait lens
    Name:  D1x.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  63.6 KB

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice pictures
    Good luck and good fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast