Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toon Idea's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toon Idea's

OKay got the 24' pontoon all it has in it is a center console with a flip up seat infront of the console. Anyone have any ideas with what i should do for seats ect? I cant afford new furniture this yr.I cound build some benches and carpet them ect.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Lawn chairs to the rescue!

Haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes some good folding chairs were great on my pontoon. My son still has his Toon and the folding chairs come in really handy.

I would find a way to make a bait live well in the front and back.

If it does not have docking lights that is a must have in my book. Made it much easier on the night time moving, going out or back in.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about building a 24" Wide X about 8' long By 24" high box with 2 compartments across the back of the boat and covering with carpet for storage. Plus building as suggested a couple of live wells.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb David .....

have you considered these ? :

Sometimes you can find them on sale for < $10 apiece. They fold away and have a "bag" to put them in (less space needed to store). They're pretty comfortable.

I found the one I have, at WallyWorld for about $7 (Ozark Trail Folding Pop-out Sport Chair) ... it doesn't have arm rests, but some other brands/models do (some even have cup holders built into the arm rests - as the one pictured does).

Just an idea ... but, they may be a better alternative to building bench seating, since they are removable/storable and would take up less floor space on the 'toon'. ........... cp

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

a couple of coolers for live wells . put padded boards on the rails to sit on cooler and lean back on rails for riding . don`t need to ride in a chair that isent fastened down . or have something to hold on to .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I'm stripping mine down and gonna use lawn chairs and have coolers as livewells. You can move around for shade, or where they are biting and you can move things to balance the toon while under way. I unload the toon after every trip so don't need any storage, stays dry in the shed between fishing trips. Cuts down on the weight too. Enjoy yourself and try what you think you want cause you can always take it back out. Ferdi

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 32 foot toon that didnt have any seating in the front when I bought it. I went to Wal Mart and bought some of there LARGE truck boxes. These are not the typical style you see that open from either side of the truck. These only open up from the front. I went to a trim shop and had them make me a 3 inch thick foam top for 2 of them and now I have a 8 foot long by 3 foot wide and 3 foot tall "couch" thats water proof and can be locked. I wouldnt take a brand new toon couch for them.

crappiestalker017 Guest

yeah, i gotta agree, folding chairs would definetely work the best if you can't afford furniture

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember the cost of lumber is going up so it may be easier to jsut do the folding chairs and save if you want to put new seats and benches and tables in it next year. JMO
    Hope your lines stay wet and your livewells full.:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast