Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Really a Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Really a Report

But just wanted to share....strolled around a few brush piles and stick-ups today from about 9-12 before work, and caught a few here and there...no real pattern or color....and I didn't really care. Just wanted to get out for a while....seems like cabin fever is hitting me earlier and earlier.

The interesting part of the trip was when I got back to the ramp to pull out and go home. There was an older man there on the dock casting out a spinning outfit and when I pulled in, he asked how I did. Told him what I could and we talked for quite a while about this and that. Turns out he was a veteran of Korea and Vietnam. I thanked him for his service and he says: "Oh it helped me get out of the life I was dealt"....he grew up in an orphanage in Atchison, Ks until he was able to enlist in the Air Force. He made it through two wars...or two "conflicts" if that's what you believe....and when he got out he contracted some kind of disease in his ears that caused him to lose most of his hearing and make him dizzy most of the time. He was afraid to walk away from the ramp for fear of falling...even has a fishing permit for the marina docks, but they move and he feels like he is going to fall in.

In spite of all that, here he was having a great time, enjoying being alive and doing something he loves... I shook his hand and thanked him again for his sevice. He said he goes up there often, so from now on I'll look around for him and take some time out of my day to try and make his better, because I got the feeling that the conversation was nearly as much fun for him as being out fishing......

Post Thanks / Like

Great !!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Post Thanks / Like

good story vic, thanks for sharing........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    good story vic, thanks for sharing........
    x2

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's cool Vic. Thanks for taking the time for a conversation with him. I have met some really neat people at the ramps in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's ...............peace man

Post Thanks / Like

Great story, Vic. We are losing our WWII and Korean War vets at a rate of over 2,000 a day. They are part of our greatest generation. We owe them a great debt and they deserve our recognition.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

another encounter to remind one what is important in life, thanks vic

Post Thanks / Like

great story!!!

Post Thanks / Like

great post! thank's for sharing vic,
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast