Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G3 Eagle 176 vs. Lowe Stinger ST175?

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3 Eagle 176 vs. Lowe Stinger ST175?

I am trying to decide between a Lowe Stinger ST175 and a G3 Eagle 176. Price is fairly close and I am not down to final numbers yet anyway. I am wondering if any of you own either of these models and/or has friends who own one or the other.

If you have opinions or experience with either models or companies please post up. I need to get with the 2 G3 dealers as well as the 2 Lowe dealers and nail down some figures to see where I am at there. In the mean time please post up experience with the models mentioned above, the Boat companies, or dealers within 200 miles of me. I am in Southern IL.

Thanks!

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

I have a G3 HP Eagle 170 about 6 years old. It might be similar to the 176. Never had any problems with the boat or motor, which is a Yamaha 90 2-stroke, so I've never had to deal with customer service, although the marina where I bought it is always helpful. I added MinnKota Deckhands on the front and back for my anchors. Love the boat. It is stable with lots of room (I am 6' 2" tall and 230 lbs) and it is easy to launch by myself. Has adequate storage. I don't know about the Lowe, other than they have a a good reputation too. Don't know what else to tell you. Good luck.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a bunch of reading last year on most of the boats out there. Didn't buy either because got a great deal on used boat but if I had bought new it would be the Lowe. Bigger front deck, factory seat bases front deck,front live well and larger. So iff you plan to spider rig better layout.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 175 stinger and really like it. Its very wide and stable in the water for an aluminum rig. I got mine with a 50hp because one of the lakes I fish has a 50hp restriction. At first I thought it may be a bit under powered but it really suprised me. I have no experience with the g3s but I'm sure they are a nice boat aswell. When I was shopping around I compared the Tracker 175 crappie rig with the Lowe and there was no comparison. Actually, got the Lowe a little cheaper too. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

What year model Lowe are you looking at. I just recently purchased a brand new Lowe ST175 2012 model. The 13 models are suppose to only have one livewell instead of the 2 like mine and previous year models. I have no experience with the other boat so I can not speak for it. I have had a Fisher boat in the past and was less than impressed with it. I have only taken my new boat out 3 times so to give you a longterm report I can not. I can give you the best short term report. I am very impressed with my Lowe Stinger so far. It is very wide and stable. I feel very safe in it and I can load and unload it with ease. I went with the 60HP on mine and it is only 7mph slower than a boat I had a 90hp on. I love my Lowe so far and I would as of right now buy another one in the future. What are they asking for the Lowe, you can pm me that info and I can maybe tell you if it is a good deal.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a G3 176 with a 50 hp outboard and love it, bought mainly for crappie fishing but i use it not only for that but all my fishing, catfishing, stripe fishing and some bass fishing, has a good ride and stable, the only time i got a little scared in it i got caught in some very large waves when a storm blew in, i would guess 4 feet, and the bow went under twice, but got back to the ramp adn drained about 100 gallons of water out of it. other than that time i go any where i want in it, i did upgrade the TM to a 24 volt for fishing the swift water below the G vill dam

Post Thanks / Like

Checked with dealer today and the 2013 does have 2 livewells they cut the front one down to 19 gal. which would be no big deal to me.

Really leaning towards the 175 with the 75HP Optimax. You only live once! Right?

Decisions! Decisions!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    What year model Lowe are you looking at. I just recently purchased a brand new Lowe ST175 2012 model. The 13 models are suppose to only have one livewell instead of the 2 like mine and previous year models. I have no experience with the other boat so I can not speak for it. I have had a Fisher boat in the past and was less than impressed with it. I have only taken my new boat out 3 times so to give you a longterm report I can not. I can give you the best short term report. I am very impressed with my Lowe Stinger so far. It is very wide and stable. I feel very safe in it and I can load and unload it with ease. I went with the 60HP on mine and it is only 7mph slower than a boat I had a 90hp on. I love my Lowe so far and I would as of right now buy another one in the future. What are they asking for the Lowe, you can pm me that info and I can maybe tell you if it is a good deal.

Post Thanks / Like

What MPH do you get with the 50HP? I am also looking at the Eagle Talon 17 DLX now and thinking if I go that way I'd use my 50HP motor has it has less than 50 hours on it.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by huls1 View Post
    i have a G3 176 with a 50 hp outboard and love it, bought mainly for crappie fishing but i use it not only for that but all my fishing, catfishing, stripe fishing and some bass fishing, has a good ride and stable, the only time i got a little scared in it i got caught in some very large waves when a storm blew in, i would guess 4 feet, and the bow went under twice, but got back to the ramp adn drained about 100 gallons of water out of it. other than that time i go any where i want in it, i did upgrade the TM to a 24 volt for fishing the swift water below the G vill dam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    What MPH do you get with the 50HP? I am also looking at the Eagle Talon 17 DLX now and thinking if I go that way I'd use my 50HP motor has it has less than 50 hours on it.

Dan
    loaded with all my tackle, livewells full and another person it will rum 30 mph by my GPS and 32 my the speedometer

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a G3 Eagle 175PF & a 50hp Yamaha 2-stroke. With just me in the boat with tackle, etc it will run 31.7 mph. I have a 10 3/8 x 13p prop
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast