Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 2012 a year in review

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 a year in review

2012 saw a few firsts for me and my clients. The crappie where late even after the mild winter we had. First time I broke the 30 Potomac Pike mark in a summer with 32 landed. I also did my first walk on trip for monster catfish this year.
    In 2012 I did some non-client fishing trips to CBBT/OC and really got into the bull red drum. That was a blast.
    I always start each year with spider rigging on the cane pole.

And then we jump right into monster catfish.

Did a little offshore in OC for fun.

Fished CBBT and got beat up by wind and red drum. Please note the two rods in back with fish on. Wild day..

I then settled down for some Potomac Pike and pesky LGMouth.

Lots of great evening trips and even better ribs and chicken led into some VA Tidewater fishing.

Then back to CBBT for bull drum.

The fall was not as good as normal for monster cats and concluded the fishing year with a trip to Buxton NC in the surf.

A very good year..
    Capt Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics, I'd say we had a decent year too crappie fishing was great, we had a good tuna bite for a few weeks nice dolphin with em . The speckled trout fishing was great with all the puppy reds with em made it even better.In the spring we had a return of gray sea trout hope they come back. Crabbing was ok but not like last year. Flounder was good early then got too warm to fast then had to hit em in deep water.White perchin was great too. My son had his 1st spec trout 1st red drum and 1st deer all this year.We caught crappie in 15 different bodies of water this year in all 12 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great pics

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    Nice pics, I'd say we had a decent year too crappie fishing was great, we had a good tuna bite for a few weeks nice dolphin with em . The speckled trout fishing was great with all the puppy reds with em made it even better.In the spring we had a return of gray sea trout hope they come back. Crabbing was ok but not like last year. Flounder was good early then got too warm to fast then had to hit em in deep water.White perchin was great too. My son had his 1st spec trout 1st red drum and 1st deer all this year.We caught crappie in 15 different bodies of water this year in all 12 months.

Enjoyed reading your weekly reports. Looking forward to having a good 2013.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey capt.... Quick question you think crappie are biting on the Potomac at this time if so what is best minnow or jigs thanks....

Post Thanks / Like

They where but after this front it may be tough.. tides are super high and lots and lots of trash pulled from the shore by the high winds.
    As far as baits I have no idea. But bait is best in tough fishing.

Capt Mike