Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walleye Trip to Canada

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walleye Trip to Canada

It's been a long time since I've posted and I've been busy with school,work, and deer hunting. Either way I got to take a trip to Canada up into the Ontario providence on Lake Ontario for the fall wally run. On Monday we got into Buffalo and checked out Niagara falls. I will post photos of that on the Missouri picture page. We got to the lodge late monday evening and got settled in. Tuesday the skies were clear again and we went out and caught 3 fish on the first morning. I reeled in the first and he was 26" male and weighed 7lbs. Then my cousin Matt reeled in one chubby female and she weighed 6lbs. Then it was Johns turn and he reeled in a 30" 10lber. I was jealous. The second day of fishing was Wednesday and she was windy. When the great lakes white cap they don't play around. I've been on Stockton when it's bad and that pales in comparison. We fished anyway giving us the nickname "The Crazy Americans". Either way we got skunked out. So we went out that night and got skunked again. Out again Thursday and it was significantly cooler and still just as windy. We got skunked again, until later that afternoon. I pulled in a 7lber, and then a 32" 11.5 lb hog. Needless to say it was why I came. My biggest walleye by far. So John had his trophy and so did I and it was now time to focus on Matt. So we went back to lodge and got something to eat and went right back out for some night fishing. Matt ended up catching himself an 8lber and was pretty satisfied. We went back and the next morning, Friday and it was below freezing, spitting snow and white capping big time. We were into it for around an hour when Matt got a 28" 9 lber. Called it a trip at that and got out of town before we got snow and iced in. Didn't net a fish under 6lbs the entire trip. Caught them all trolling with number 10 through 12 sized deep diving rapalas, and big reef runners. Best color was blue and bare naked clear. Anyone now any good taxidermist with proven work? I'm willing to ship if needed. Ideally I'd like to see some previous work. Thanks for anything gents. Name:  Me Matt and John.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  64.6 KBName:  P1020286.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  41.2 KBName:  P1020285.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  45.7 KBName:  P1020288.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  48.4 KBName:  P1020289.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  30.3 KB
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip Danny !! one to remember for sure

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice fish for sure. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a very fun trip indeed... WTG

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is some very nice fish. Glad you all had a great trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sounds like a great trip sorta rough but good. nice fish

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch for all to see. Sounds like you had a good time and some white cap experience too....
    I enjoyed your report a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, hope you got to eat some walleye while you were up there.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time!!! Nice fishes!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a dream trip Danny....I've always wanted to try the walleyes in Canada. Glad it was a good trip for you guys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast