Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hackle jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default hackle jig

Hello..new to the site...Been tying Jigs for about year, my Pappy had a bait shop back in the 70s and I have been Trying to duplicate some of his jigs that he had made..
    I have some with hackle around the bottom of the chenneil, and I cant figure out how he did it...I've looked on the net and had no luck on how to tie hackle....
    Most jigs I have found have hackle collars...but none with hackle below the collar.
    Im open to any suggestions.... Thanks a bunch

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Middle Tennessee. We have a jig tying and lure making forum in a section you'll find a few spaces down on the menu. If you can post a pic of what you want, one of us on there can fix you up. There's some very good talent there. Come check us out......Skeet.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

slab city x2 with skeet need a pic as there's lots of different hackling techniques

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

x3...to what others have said. You have to check out the jig tying forums. You will find all of your answers there as well as new ideas and projects to try. Pay attention to the stickies at the top of the jig tying forum. They are very instructional in what you need to tie a jig as well as how to tie basic jigs. Welcome from Alabama.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.