Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transferring images from camera to PC

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Transferring images from camera to PC

After fumbling with cables and special image transfer software, I ditched that approach years ago and simply pull the memory card out of the camera, plug it into my PC's front-mounted SD slot, and use Windows Explorer to drag & drop my pix. It's fast, easy, and reliable, but I'm looking at cameras that do wireless transfers. How well does that work? Any limitations or problems? How do you clear images off your memory card after the transfer?

Post Thanks / Like

don't know about the wireless xfer of pictures but it should work just fine (going on experience of using wi-fi in the house) and smartphone usage when out and about. To remove the pictures from the SD camera card, you can either delete them while the card is in your computer OR should be an option to delete using the camera.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I pull the SD card and insert a fresh one.. use the SD slot for transfer and delete all from the card when done. I keep 5 cards in the bag and one in the camera, along with 2 extra sets of batteries..... you never know what you'll run across.

Cheers
    Doug

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I carry one extra card and one extra battery pack. I like your idea of swapping cards rather than offloading image files after each trip--especially when I have 2 trips back to back.