Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: loz public ground?

Post Thanks / Like

Default loz public ground?

I'm planning an april trip to loz for crappie and hopefully some turkey hunting. Does anyone know of any public ground near the lake I can hunt on? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the Larry Gale access is open to shotgun and turkeys is a bit of land around it and see turkeys crossing the road. May look over the MDC atlas, if it were me I would drive over around truman to turkey hunt lots of land and birds.

Post Thanks / Like

don't know about LOZ but Truman is not too far away and has plenty of land and turkeys.

Post Thanks / Like

https://camden.integritygis.com/

You can go to this site too look at the land ripnlips is talking about...I don' t know anything about it but i've been doing some fishing out at larry gale and seen turkey 3 times out that way...

Post Thanks / Like

This trip is an annual spring trip that me and a couple buddies use to restock the freezer with crappie and catfish. We only recently added turkey hunting into the mix. I was thinking loz because I am very familiar with where to find cats and crappie under many different conditions. I have never fished Truman and am slightly hesitant to make a switch on this trip, but not unwilling to. Truman is a pretty good drive from where we fish on loz, so if we were to tukey hunt there we would also be fishing there. How is the crappie and catfishing (trotlines) around the middle of april on Truman. Also can we tie up along the bank and walk in to hunt like you can at Mark Twain? And is that something you guys would reccommend at Truman. If Truman would be a good fit for me on this trip would anyone have any suggestions on where we could camp that would be near decent fishing and hunting. Thanks to all who help me out with this.

Post Thanks / Like

I know several guys that do a spring crappie/catfish/turkey trip to Truman.

Not a lot of public land around LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the mushrooms! A mid-April trifecta!

Post Thanks / Like

You can camp and put the boat in at Ed's camp. I think their is quite a bit of state land around there you can take a boat to and tie up. Great crappie fishing all around that area. It's not to far from Warsaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route U View Post
    Don't forget the mushrooms! A mid-April trifecta!
    thought that was a given

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverhorse View Post
    You can camp and put the boat in at Ed's camp. I think their is quite a bit of state land around there you can take a boat to and tie up. Great crappie fishing all around that area. It's not to far from Warsaw.
    Thanks fr that bit of info. I'll check it out. I'm guessing Truman has a fair amount of standing timber. I normally try to trotline the flats at loz. Should I look for similar areas at Truman?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast