Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble finding Ironsilk

Post Thanks / Like

Question Trouble finding Ironsilk

Cabela's and Bass Pro have dropped Berkley Ironsilk from their catalogs. KMart has a few spools in weights we don't use and Walmart have none. Berkley still lists it on their website and Doug is going to see if he can order it from work, since this computer won't work.

If we can't get it, can anyone recommend another polymer line in 6 pound test? I really liked their solar mint color, too. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I use berkley sensation and really like it. I've landed 4-5 lb strippers with 4 lb test line. It has alot of stretch too but is very very tough. Be careful though, 6 lb test would stall a trollin motor out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just recieved some

I just made an order from BPS about a month ago online and recieved it a couple of weeks later. Berkley changed the box it comes in and I almost over looked it the catalog. In the '06 Master fishing catalog, Ironsilk is listed on page 153 on the top left of the page. I too like the Solar Mint. Can't do without it!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a 3,000 yard spool of calcutta in 6 pound. I can't handle 4 lb. too well since I can't see it and I almost always manage to break it when I'm drawing the knot up on the hook. Is Ironsilk really a good line? Have seen it advertised but never tried it. What is the story on the mint stuff?
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great! Thanks!

>>>>I just made an order from BPS about a month ago online and recieved it a couple of weeks later. Berkley changed the box it comes in and I almost over looked it the catalog. In the '06 Master fishing catalog, Ironsilk is listed on page 153 on the top left of the page. I too like the Solar Mint. Can't do without it!<<<

Boy, overlook it is exactly what both of us did. I've got the catalog open now, so I'll get anorder out. I wonder why they changed the package. Anytway, you're a life saver. I'm hooked on the stuff. I use the14# on my 300X and 6# on my ULs. The solar mint is the only stuff I can see in the lighter weights. Thanks again. - Roberta

PS - Doug has the gold Sensation on his baitcasters and likes it, too; I just can't see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Roberta; Glad I could help. I too almost went bezerk when I couldn't find it at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Palmer
    I can't handle 4 lb. too well since I can't see it and I almost always manage to break it when I'm drawing the knot up on the hook. Is Ironsilk really a good line? Have seen it advertised but never tried it. What is the story on the mint stuff?
    Carl; The solar mint is the color which is a bright chartruese and one of the easiest lines to see that I've ever fished with. Good strong line and easy to see.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Ironsilk after Berkley quit making bright green in XT but found it got brittle way to fast for me having it out in the sun every day. A friend gave me some 6-pound Ande Envy to try and I'm real happy with it for vertical jigging.

http://www.andemonofilament.com/aboutande.htm
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use berkley lines but have found other MFG's to make superior products. I currently use Sufix ProMix. Pound for pound, penny for penny its the best line I've ever used. 2 other lines thats are also excellent are Pline xxl and Gamma. Both are just as good in ways, but all 3 lines are slightly different. Not factoring cost, ProMix and Gamma are neck and neck with Pline slightly trailing, but and excellent tough line. Factoring cost, nothing beats ProMix.

http://www.bubbajackstackle.com/Sufi...ing%20Line.htm

Get the 1/4 lb spools and its an amazing value considering its the best line I've ever used. I frequently cut off samples of the 6lb test promix and show it to people. I tell them to wrap it around thier hands and try to break it. Any berkley 6lb test is easy to break with your hands. This stuff will hurt you if your not careful. I still have the original 1/4 spool I purchased 4-5 yrs ago and the line coming off it is as fresh as when I got it. Amazing stuff.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

But do those lines come in a hi-vis color?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up They sure do, Roberta .....

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    But do those lines come in a hi-vis color?

........ cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast