Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Guntersville this morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville this morning

fished mid lake in creek channels in 8 to 12 fow using BG watermellon wine and monkey milk on rr heads, caught a limit and let most loose except for the 12 largest ( all i had time to dress) all but 2 12 inches other 2 were 11 and 11.25, mixed blacks and whites, so much fun i think i will try again in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fun

Post Thanks / Like

Were you trolling or casting? Just curious!!!!

Sam

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Huls1...excellent job! I too only bring home a limited number of fish. After I get enough for two meals in the freezer, I only bring home enough for that nights meal, or give them away to friends. Again, congrats on what seems to be a great day of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

when you say you fish midlake I get confused. Guntersville has so many tributaries and areas that extend off of it. So many people consider so many areas as just labeled Guntersville. You might not even be fishing Guntersville. I just wonder if you would just fish any channel area and try it to see what it holds and what would you look for to start? Do you use your electronics? Right now I only have a cheap fish finder so it does not help. I have been limiting out on most trips where I fish but I fish bridges mainly and have caught some in brush tops. I have never fished mid lake channels really on Guntersville areas. I really have not had the time catching them where I have and as well as I have. I think when things slow down though I would like to try it. The channel area where I fish though is very narrow and all the water around it is shallow, not sure I could find them there. Are you trolling or casting? When you say rr heads are you talking about road runner heads?

Post Thanks / Like

Mid lake around the state park and up into town creek, most were caught pushing jigs and a couple casting, i tend to shy away from the bridges so i dont have to fight the crowds but the channels to and from the bridges is where the crappie run and yes i do use my electronics, not very good yet but i am learning to locate schools of baitfish with it. rr is road runner jigheads, i try to stick to white or pink 1/16th oz, that is when i am not using the jigs that i tie, all the fish today were holding close to 12 ft

Post Thanks / Like

Good report.

Post Thanks / Like

Good times...
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

Congrat's on a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

Great day out. Thanks for the report! I need to get out and try that.