Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: auto inflatable pfd ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default auto inflatable pfd ?

i am considering one of these. i cant get comfortable in the kayak with any of the regular pfds i currently have and the ones i try at Dick's dont seem like they would be much better. i dont know of anyone who uses these. do they deploy too easily? not dependable? any info would be helpful. my wife will be getting me one for christmas unless i get bad feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to the reviews on Cabelas website, that might help. I've got a fanny pack style model that is new that I will be selling shortly. I plan on staying with an inflatable model, but more of a vest style.

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine at Cabela's. Vest style. Been using it for over a year, with no problems. Comfy. But.........old cuz knocked his off the front of his kayak
    in shallow water and it auto-inflated, Poof! Water got on the part that activates the cartridge and it inflated rapidly. I'll keep using mine and will
    try to not knock it off the kayak in shallow water. I put mine on just before I carry the kayak to the waters edge and take it off after I get the
    kayak back on the trailer or in the back of the truck. Just make sure you put it on and don't cinch it up too tight. It has to have room to expand
    properly without being too tight on you. Super comfy to wear and there when you need it.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

I went to one about 6 months ago...the vest type auto inflate...because I would not wear my PFD in my yak. Just uncomfortable and getting older.
    Figured if I have a stroke or heart attack while out in my yak it will make it easier for them to find me....auto inflate should = flotation of dead body...

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I plan on buying one too. I fish all year and most the time by myself and the reg pfd's just don't wear very well.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

UPS delivered a Cabelas box yesterday. my birthday is next sat. i think i already have one.