Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Line Counter Reels

Post Thanks / Like

Question Line Counter Reels

Does anyone have any comments on the line counter reels? Cabela's have some that are relatively inexpensive. Has anyone used Cabela's line counter reels? Any other suggestions for line counting reeels? Jigsatwitchin'......................cd
    YOU ARE EITHER PART OF THE PROBLEM....OR PART OF THE SOLUTION!! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know about cabelas but i have two linecounters one is an okuma and i love it.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Cabela's almost in my back yard. When I was looking at the line counter reels at the store, I found the Cabela's reel to be a fine reel but large and heavy. I bought the Diawa's. Been very happy with those. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Only ones I've handled are the Daiwas I've got - like them fine, but have to
    watch out for one thing... if you back off the drag to the extreme - my
    daughter did this by reeling while the drag "star" was caught on her jacket :rolleyes: the anti-reverse pawl can jump out of place. Took some
    head scratching and taking the reel apart twice, but finally got it back in
    place.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my Dad some of the Cabella's Depth Master reels 2 Christmas' ago. He loves them. The line counter is off alittle, but I think its because he is using the wrong size line.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive tried both Diawa Sealine, Cabelas depth masters and Okukma's.Diawa is by far the best line counter reel out there.the Okuma drags arent very smooth,Ive lost too many big kings and walleyes beecause the drag on them. The Diawa 17 is a perfect size for trolling light line.