Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eating and preping "Yellow Pearch" question

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eating and preping "Yellow Pearch" question

Ok it is a yellow perch I am catching. The size of the perch I have been catching is about 7 to 9 inches in length. Do you fillet them or what? I don't want to choke on a bone. lol. If these perch taste as good as they look....yum...yum...
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sure, filet them

Canepole, a nine inch perch is a good fish to eat,if you have enough of them. Most of the time I've had them (thanks to friends who fished on Lake Erie) they've been fileted and breaded in cornmeal. Dad used to leave them on the bone, just heading, gutting and scaling them. Either way, they're tasty. Did you bring enough for all of us? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

ray Guest

Smile

treat them the same as you do crappie, and they are very tasty, most any way you do them, enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Fillet them, dip in an egg/milk wash, roll in original Ritz crackers (not the no-fat cr*p) finely crushed, deep fry in peanut oil at 375 degrees for a couple of minutes and enjoy. They are as good as it gets.

Post Thanks / Like

Default agree somewhat

I have eaten perch on several occaisions and coulded up fresh they are very tasty - but they ain't gonna beat a crappie anyway you fixem - just my opinion - to each his own
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!