Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change of scenery.....Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Change of scenery.....Twain

Been chasing the waterfowl since the opener, which explains why I haven't been around lately......but I feel as though it is time to, as my subject line states, get a change of scenery and with this weekend of 60 degree weather......I'm sold. Hell, if I were a duck/goose, I'd be tuckin my head under my wing and soaking up the sun also.

Dad and I are most likely headed over to our cabin @ Twain and gonna get the boat wet.

For you fellers fishin, are you breaking out the rigs or single poling? I'm a split decision right now and might just take everything.

Anyways, wanted to check in and hopefully will have a report......other than a December sunburn.

U

Post Thanks / Like

good luck.... let us know how ya do...... I'll be floatin somewhere, myself. just havent decided if its gonna be cats or crappies.....

Post Thanks / Like

We hit it last week with catman, using jigs around Indian and little Indian and caught a lot, but mostly dinks. Kept 32 decent fish between catman, fishroper and myself. . Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck to ya

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I did pretty well last Sunday with minnows on a slip bobber. Catching 19 nice ones 4 to 6 feet deep in 12 to 15 fow. Going out again this Sunday. We'll be in the South Fork/Middle Fork area.
    Good Luck!!!!!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gents......will report back.

Mark,

Glad to hear you got on a few! Hopefully my report will yield the same luck. We will be in a blue Lund w/ a 150 yamaha, so if you see us, shout/wave/throw beers!

RLM

Post Thanks / Like

Will do!! We'll be in a Bass Tracker w/ a wore out squirrel (40 Merc)

Post Thanks / Like

Tough day today...started in middle fork and had one bite that didn't end up in the boat. Other than that....NADA!!!! Took a ride over to Pigeons Roost and ended up with 5 nice keepers, all 10 & 11 inchers. All were caught on minnows 5 to 8 feet deep in 10 to 15 fow.
    It was an absolutely beautiful day and the lake was like glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful day is right! We splashed in at 7:00 A.M. @ South Fork and ran up a ways. Worked all sorts of brush and would pick up 1-2 on the bluff side, then hop over and pick up a couple on the flat side.... decided to pull out the riggin equipment as we were marking suspended fish and glad we did. We rigged the bluff side about 10 feet off the bank. Boat was in 9.5 - 10 ft. of water and the jigs were probably in 8 ft. of water, marking fish at 4-8 ft....and we caught them pretty regularly.

Promised a friend some fresh fish so we cleaned our best 10 for him and everything else went back...probably caught 50 fish, most in the 8-10" range with 2 just over 12.

Thought I ran into Polsky...started chatting the guy up, NOPE, not Polsky!

RLM

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good day!! I think my wife and I need some fishin' lessons!!!!!!! We've never tried trolling, I think we need to try it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast