Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info from Slab ..........................

Post Thanks / Like

Default Info from Slab ..........................

"Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting Phantom.
    Some of us only look at the state forums, and not the main area.

Post Thanks / Like

John, I, I, I understand ...........................................
    Last edited by Phantom309; 11-29-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    Thanks from me too!!! Best idea I've heard in a long time.......

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...It is a good idea!!...and I think Phantom had a great idea about some sort of private rooms that was only available by invitation only. I think 99% of us on here freely and gladly share info with other members, but there is always those out there who want something for nothing. On several occasions, I have met a CDC member for the first time at Lake Talquin and it was their first time at Talquin. Instead of telling them where to fish or what to use, I just say follow me!!...And probably all of us on here have done that. I'll be the first to admit that I don't post "locations" like I once did but I'll PM most anything I can do to be of help...But there's the flip side of the coin. I know members on here that post regularly and are always asking for info on lakes, techniques, best colors,etc but they don't return any favors if they do good. That's all top secret!!!....So the idea about private rooms appeal to me. I even think a minimum number of posts (legitament posts) before you can get into a state forum should earn you that right. The principles Slab founded this site on are the principles most of us live by anyway...But not everybody lives that way. I have made some great friends and met some great fishermen on this site. I have learned alot from many of you over the years and I enjoy sharing what I know with others. The "Get Togethers" and/or Slabfests are something that most all of us really enjoy and those that don't ever attend don't know what they are missing out on. I'm not just a member of this site, I am also a supporter of this site. I am sure whatever Slab does will make things better for those of us that post here on a regular basis and just aren't here looking for a handout or join just to put a boat for sale on here....Did I mention I thought Phantom309 had a good idea??

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit, it was huntinslabs that came up with the "private" rooms thing = we tried that until
    we discovered it wasn't "private" at all = so we abandoned it, etc, etc .......
    It's not so much a sharing fishing secrets thing as it is just a good ole boys club thing.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    BIG MISTAKE!! There is a ton of information posted on many different places. Lots of good folks willing to share by pm. See post to me from Skeetbum. That goes back almost 2 years. I get pm's alot from people from other states and help them best I can as well. Just because someone is not fishing your lake dont mean they cant get ya a tad of info you can aply.

Post Thanks / Like

I 2nd------------------------------------------want they saided

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    BIG MISTAKE!! There is a ton of information posted on many different places. Lots of good folks willing to share by pm. See post to me from Skeetbum. That goes back almost 2 years. I get pm's alot from people from other states and help them best I can as well. Just because someone is not fishing your lake dont mean they cant get ya a tad of info you can aply.
    Good advice. I get so focused on the Florida forum I forget to read the articles and such.

Ginny
    "My heart belongs to T.L and M.L." Life is simple.... just add water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom309 View Post
    I have to admit, it was huntinslabs that came up with the "private" rooms thing = we tried that until
    we discovered it wasn't "private" at all = so we abandoned it, etc, etc .......
    It's not so much a sharing fishing secrets thing as it is just a good ole boys club thing.........
    Yes it is!!

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast