Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Columbia Outerwear

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Columbia Outerwear

I have some old Columbia bibs and quad parka that I have worn for the last 15 or 20 years. They are finally starting to wear out on me. They are not torn, but the GoreTex is starting to come apart. I decided to call them tonight and just see what they would say. I knew that they had a good warranty on this stuff, but did not really expect anything at all. Boy was I wrong. The nice lady on the phone told me to send the bibs along with the parka in and they would have no problem replacing them. I made sure that I told her the age and that they were the "old school" camo pattern. "not a problem" she replied. "Columbia stands behind their product no matter how old it is." WOW! They are shipping out tomorrow. They are letting me pick a different camo pattern and both the bibs and the parka will be replaced! Just thought that this was a good opportunity to share a quality company and a quality product with my CDC friends! I will never buy anything else, I'll tell ya that!
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

wow, what a good deal on that, can't beat it with a stick.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have sent them my hunting parka two time and they fix it. I haven two now that I need to send in but are useing them now. I don't think you can beat them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkb23 View Post
    I have some old Columbia bibs and quad parka that I have worn for the last 15 or 20 years. They are finally starting to wear out on me. They are not torn, but the GoreTex is starting to come apart. I decided to call them tonight and just see what they would say. I knew that they had a good warranty on this stuff, but did not really expect anything at all. Boy was I wrong. The nice lady on the phone told me to send the bibs along with the parka in and they would have no problem replacing them. I made sure that I told her the age and that they were the "old school" camo pattern. "not a problem" she replied. "Columbia stands behind their product no matter how old it is." WOW! They are shipping out tomorrow. They are letting me pick a different camo pattern and both the bibs and the parka will be replaced! Just thought that this was a good opportunity to share a quality company and a quality product with my CDC friends! I will never buy anything else, I'll tell ya that!
    I bought the Columbia Omni Heat rain gear last year. Bibs and Parka. They were crazy exspensive but, It's one of the most impressive things I have ever worn .Only downfall is if the temp is above 60. You will roast in them. They have kept me dry as a bone in heavy wind a rain. I'm thinking this will be the last cold weather rain gear I buy in my life time.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great customer service

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear that this kind of thing still goes on. You get what You pay for.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Columbia is first class! I've had similar positive experiences with them.

Post Thanks / Like

now thats good information........I will remember that next time I shop........
    I love to fish, eat and cook but not necessarily in that order!

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - forgot to mention that I have found to 'Otter Box' to be another first class company with excellent customer service. Otter box makes phone cases.

Post Thanks / Like

My Columbias are 13 or 14 years old and have never given me a problem, still warm and dry. I thought I was crazy to spend that much money on clothes back then but it turns out to be some of the best money I ever spent on hunting/fishing gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast