Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: must be me!

Post Thanks / Like

Question must be me!

Went for a while yesterday. What a beautiful day, very little wind.Went about 11:00 until 4:00. I only caught 11 , only 2 keepers that I put back in the water. Such a pretty day. Why didn't I catch them. Thought about it all the while I was fishing. Was it me, front coming in,went to late, start of full moon, lack of knowledge,wrong method, or a combination of all these. Even though I didn't catch them, I had a great time. I guess I will always wonder if I WAS THE PROBLEM. I guess that is why I love this type of fishing,you never learn it all.This forum is great about sharing knowledge. Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul and I can go out and fish side by side using identical setups and one of us will often out fish the other. We'll compare everything to see what's different between us and then end up blaming it on luck or lack thereof. Did ya get gas on the way? This may sound really OCD, but I believe the residual scent can stay on your hands and transfer to your bait. Before I start fishing, I "camo" my hands with smelly jelly. Did you change up your depth and jig colors while you were out? My side of the boat is littered with jig bodies from swapping out colors all the time.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is why it is called fishing not catching. Everyone has a down day from time to time, it will get better.
    The only person that I know of that could catch fish every trip died two thousand years ago on a cross.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably to dry. Just kidding! But it could be true. Who knows, I had 3 days like that this month. Could'nt figure it out either and Iv'e been fishing all my life (56 Yrs.) so at the end of the day before I get of the water, I would just look up at the sky and thank the Lord for another chance to be able to fish. See I have a big problem, I can't seem to get enough of it. Love every min. of it and sometimes I don't catch any fish. Who knows why they don't bite sometimes. I'll die trying to figure that one out.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you have a good time and enjoy yourself? If you did, don't worry about the rest, mission accomplished.

I've spent lots of days/nights in bad weather, for less fish, but still had fun.
    Apple Pie ProStaff